Epilogue 4.1

A woman entered the hall decorated with blue marbles. Behind her were numerous maids and servants following respectfully.

In a deep blue dress, the woman stood out. On her long finger shined a silver seal ring with a symbol of a bird.

Everyone bowed deeply as they saw this entourage passed by. Her golden hair looked beautiful against the sunlight. Her mother used to brush it and braid it lovingly. It was the exact same color as her father’s.

When she finally arrived at the emperor’s personal office, she was met with a familiar face. When the middle-aged woman saw her, she bowed deeply and greeted.

“Your highness, Liselotte.”

Liselotte le Cransia.

Lucretius and Sa Bina’s second daughter and one of two legitimate royal children.

Liselotte smiled broadly. “Yulia.”

Yulia smiled gently and looked at Princess Liselotte with love just like a mother would.

Yulia had never married and had stayed by the empress’ side ever since her youth. When the first princess Beatrice became old enough, Sa Bina ordered Yulia to become her teacher and her principle secretary. When Liselotte became older, she also became Yulia’s student. Beatrice and Liselotte treated Yulia like she was their aunt.

Yulia looked at Liselotte lovingly but also gave her a stern look, making Liselotte quickly realize her mistake.

In private settings, Liselotte always called Yulia by her given mane, but in a public and official setting such as this one, this was considered inappropriate.

Liselotte corrected herself immediately, “Oh, excuse me. Let’s try again, Duchess Holden.”

They were standing in front of the emperor’s office, so they had to address each other with their official titles. Yulia was Duchess Holden and she was the principle secretary.

Yulia smiled approvingly. “Excellent, your highness the Grand Duchess Bilenae. Her highness is waiting for you.”

***

“Her highness, the Grand Duchess Bilenae has arrived.”

The servant at the door announced Liselotte’s arrival. The woman who was sitting on the desk working hard raised her head. Her long black hair was striking as it flew down her shoulders.

Liselotte entered and smiled like a beautiful white rose.

She bowed respectfully and greeted properly, “Greetings to her highness from Grand Duchess Bilenae Liselotte le Cransia.”

The woman joked sadly, “Are you already acting distant because you are getting close to leaving this place?”

The woman walked towards Liselotte, who smiled naughtily and replied, “I apologize, your highness.”

“Lottie…”

When she was called with her pet name, Liselotte finally relaxed and surrendered.

“Hello, sis.”

Beatrice finally smiled brightly.

***

Beatrice the First.

She was the first female ruler in Cransian history. The former emperor Lucretius the First never took in another wife other than the empress, and so he only had two children with Empress Sa Bina.

The first-born Beatrice and the younger sister Liselotte.

At the age of 23, the oldest princess married a nobleman of no significance. As soon as she got married, Lucretius and Sa Bina gave up their titles immediately to enjoy their retirement.