Mindset

(Content warning)

Siren sat quietly under a big maple tree turning pages in his book and reading silently. "Yoo-hoo!" He heard a familiar voice call out. "Hey Siren! Why'd you sneak off?" Kappa plopped down next to him leaning to his side and rested his head on Sirens shoulder. "I didn't sneak off. I uh, I told arp I would be going out." Kappa scoffed at his comment. "Well, I'll be dammed if Worm suddenly spoke to tell me that." Siren closed his book and reached his arm around Kappa pulling their bodies closer. "I didn't mean to sneak off, I'm sorry." Kappa just shrugged "I'm not mad or anything. Just missed ya." Siren let out a quiet laugh at Kappa. "Guess I can't leave you alone anywhere huh?" Kappa smiled and nodded. After awhile he reached into his pocket at pulled out some wired headphones. He gave one to Siren and then plugged his phone it. Siren perked up realizing what song was playing. "How did you know I liked this song?" Kappa hummed along to the rhythm instead of answering for awhile. "I know everything about you." He said quietly after a long time of Siren waiting. He scoffed, "is that so?" Kappa nodded. "Everything." He whispered. "Alright, what's my favorite color?" Kappa thought for a moment. "Green. Most people assume it's blue but you still love that color. And not just plain green. You like light green and navy green." Siren chuckled. "I should stop trying to prove you wrong." Kappa snickered at him and sighed. "Please don't wake up." He whispered. "What? What do you mean?" Kappa pulled his body even closer to Sirens and gripped onto his shirt. "I don't want you to leave me. Please don't wake up."

Siren yanked his head up and looked to his side. Kappa wasn't laying down next to him. Because he's gone.

——

"Hey Siren. How are you feeling?" Siren waved to Skiff, but didn't reply. He walked straight to Pagoon's office and didn't say a word to him. "I'm here to check it." Pagoon nodded and watched Siren all the way till he had opened his door to leave. "Siren." Siren stopped mid-leaving and looked back. "Are you alright?" He didn't reply. At first he was thinking of a reply, but he just closed Pagoons door and left. His mind was set to do something,
Save his boyfriend.

(Sorry for short chapter!)