20

⚠️there is sensitive topics in this chapter but not for all of it ⚠️

POV: Leah

Hazel and I just arrived at the restaurant.

H: oh my god this is so cute !
L: I knew you would like it

She flashed me a cute smile.

Waiter: hi do you have a table booked (looking down)
L: um yes it's under Leah Williamson

The waiter looks up with a shocked expression. Is she okay?

Waiter: I'm so sorry could I get a picture?
Leah: yeah of course
Waiter: oh my god thank you so much. Can I just say that you did an amazing job as captain
Leah: thank you means a lot
Waiter: anyways your table is right this way

We followed the waiter and sat down.

H: thank you for this Leah I needed this
L: I got you a little something

I gave her the box

H: why (she opened it)
L: happy birthday hazel

She didn't look at me for a few seconds. Oh shit have I upset her

L: im sorry I have the receipt if you don't like it

She looked up and me and she was bawling crying

L: are you okay
H: you remembered ?
L: always

She got up and hugged me. I hugged her like there was no tomorrow. Eventually we sat down and ordered our food.

L: so how come your not celebrating your birthday?
H: I hate it
L: why
H: I don't like the thought of people spending money on me and only telling love for me once a year you know ?
L: explain
H: I tell everyone I love them and I hug them. But not everyone is like me. People only hug you and tell you how much they love you when it's your birthday or when you sign for arsenal and play for England !
L: you wanna talk about it ?
H: I wasn't well off growing up. My dad had two jobs and my mum couldn't work because she got cancer and it fucked yo her back. She developed a drinking problem and started hitting me. She stopped after awhile but the medication she was on makes her weird. We could never afford present growing up for Christmas or my birthday so my dad would just cook us nice dinner. I think that's why I appreciate the small things in life more than other things.
L: I'm so sorry
H: nah it's okay it's just the way I am now. I think I just miss my grandad. He passed away a few years ago. He is my inspiration for everything especially football. My mum would tell me how proud he would be of me if he saw where I am. Kills me every time she says it.
L: your so strong hazel and Keira , lucy and I are always here for you.
H: I'm so great full for you all. Especially lucy. She is like the big sister I never had. I would not be where I am today without her. She has guided me in the right direction. I can't thank her enough.
L: your too cute

Hazel and I finished our meal and talked loads more. Lucy text me saying everyone is ready. Can't wait to see hazels face when she sees Georgia.

Leah: come on hazel let's get going home
Hazel: okay. Thank you for today it was amazing.
Leah: your welcome haze

Thank you for reading !