xii. 'i miss you, robin.'

The ringing that flooded throughout the other room soon came into ear shot for the both of them, causing Faye to swiftly wipe her tears and stand up

The ringing that flooded throughout the other room soon came into ear shot for the both of them, causing Faye to swiftly wipe her tears and stand up. She sent Finney a reassuring glance as he slowly recollected himself, her legs leading her into the room that only held a mattress and a black phone that hung on the wall.

"What?" Faye muttered into the phone as she picked it up, leaning against the wall next to it and seeing that Finney now stood next to her. She lowered the phone from her ear and allowed Finney to listen in on what the person on the other end would say.

"Hey, Finn. What's happening?"

The voice responded despite the fact Faye had answered the phone in the first place, her back lifting off the wall at the fact the boy on the other end straight up greeted Finney. Finney, obviously taken aback by the voice that came through, grabbed the phone from her hand and held it closer to himself, but still allowed her to hear.

"Robin?" Finney's voice wobbled slightly as he questioned the voice on the opposing end, Faye immediately knowing who he was talking to. She felt a tinge of remorse for the boy, fully aware that he had bene Finney's best friend from previous conversations.

"Hey, buddy. Don't cry." 

"I'm not." Finney swiftly replied, smearing the tears from below his eyes to the side and drying his cheeks. Faye dropped her head slightly as she took her shirt to her face, assuring that there weren't any tears amongst it.

"Yes, you are. I can see you."

"You can?" Finney simply responded, Faye's head rising once again and facing the boy in front of her. She was clearly taken aback by the statement, but didn't say anything and allowed Finney to talk to his friend for the little time they probably had left.

"I'm with you. I've been with you this whole time."

"You have?" Finney questioned in response, glancing up at Faye once again and finding her giving him a reassuring smile. Faye was happy for him, to say the least. Sure, his best friend died and he was locked in a cellar with her of all people, but at least he was getting to say goodbye to his friend. 

Faye never had any friends, in all honesty. Ever since she was young she was always the outcast, and her father never allowed her many friends in the first place-- which was apparent from when he basically chewed her ass after Finney only approached the girl.

"A man never leaves a friend behind. My dad didn't leave his buddies behind when he went to 'Nam. That's why he didn't come home. And I'm not coming home, either. And I'm not going to leave you behind."

"We'll be together again soon." Finney weakly responded, Faye's reassuring smile dropping from her face and Finney's head tilting down softly. Despite the fact the girl knew fully well they weren't getting out of there, it hurt her to hear Finney speak about it as he was. 

"Fuck that. You ain't gonna go like I did."

"We've tried everything. Nothing's worked--." Finney's voice began stumbling slightly, glancing up at Faye once again to find a sorrowful look amongst her face.