Chapter 5

As Vantage storms towards me with anger, Valk pushes me out of the way.

"Vantage what the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Valk spits.

"It's all Y/N's fault. All his fault!"

I stand there stunned, what have I done to make Vantage steam with rage? Why was Obi involved with this?

Vantage slams past Valk and grabs me by the throat, I saw her eyes, they were teary. I struggled and gasped for air, I couldn't breathe, I felt weak. Suddenly she threw me onto the ground and called Echo from Obi's face.

"Echo. Attack."

Without second of hesitation, Echo's claws sliced through my right eye, I screeched in pain.

"SECURITY!" Wraith screamed out for the Dropship security to escort Vantage out.

I howled in pain holding the right side of my face sobbing deeply, I heard footsteps run towards me, i didn't see who it was because of the amount of blood coming from me, I felt large arms hug me from behind, holding me, im pretty sure it was Obi. I could tell he was teary, everything was going numb, i felt dizzy, my body drew light and i fell back into chest, i was unconscious once again.

After a few hours I woke up in a hospital bed, the area looked familiar but it was hard to tell with only one working eye. I could see a couple figures standing beyond me, my head was pounding, what was happening? I heard some whispers among the figures, by the sounds of it I heard- Obi, Lifeline, Valk, Horizon, Octane, Mirage, and another voice i didn't recognise.

"Shhhh he's awake."

The whole room became quiet, it scared me a little, it means they were all staring at me, i didn't like the attention even though I knew people were just concerned for me. I don't remember a thing of what happened, all I found feel was a sharp pain on my face and I knew my eye grew blind but i forgot the cause of it. The whispers grew again and I knew it was Lifeline trying to get everyone out to check on me, I wasn't sure on where abouts Obi was, I hope he was okay, i dont remember seeing him at all yesterday, i was so scared he was gone for good.

A large gentle hand grabbed mine, it was Obi, his hand was lightly shaking, of course he was in fear, im lying in a hospital bed partly blind. Lifeline checked my pulse then checked my chest for any irregular breathing patterns, i seemed to be okay there, just my eye was in pain. I opened my left eye completely and looked around, my vision seemed to be okay in that eye, I saw Obi staring at me with tears rolling down his face, i saw a scar that went fully across his face, how did he get that? Oh Obi. I'm sorry my love. I wish I was there to protect you.

Lifeline walked out of the room to give us some alone time, plus for one of us to break the silence, I wasn't sure on what to say to him. I felt disappointed in myself, and I don't even know how I got in this mess again.

"Imena.. My dear. I will Avenge the person who did this to you, biko.. im sorry. I wasn't able to protect you" His words became mumbles and tears ran down he cheeks a lot more.

I sat myself up and reached for him, I pulled him onto the hospital bed to hug him, he needed it. The man who thinks he's a curse needs to be loved like no other, at this point he was laying on top of me, i held him close to me, my poor boy. He doesn't deserve this.

I took off his hat and placed it to the side so I could see his face properly, i kissed his forehead and i placed my hand on his head, softly patting him. He is one in a billion, i never want to let go of him. He's too good for this horrid world. Obi seemed to be more calm after a bit, i didn't let go of him though, he needed this, needed the love and affection. He was hurting badly inside.

Obi sniffled his nose and looked up at me, i grabbed his chin softly and kissed him on the lips, his face showed small hints of red, he smiled at me softly. We lyed there for a bit, by the end of it we both fell asleep holding each other.

— Skip to the next day —

I woke up late in the morning, my arms were sore, so was my eye, i sat myself up and stretched my arms, that's when I realised he wasn't with me, Obi was gone. Where did he go? I tried not to worry myself about it, I knew he'd be back sooner or later, I didn't want to stay here for a while, I know I need recovery time but I dread to be here for so long, my stomach was rumbling, I was hungry but no one was around. Oh my, what should I do?

I pressed a small service button to the side of me, I hope that alerted Lifeline or Newcastle to come to me, I waited a bit and I heard someone come through the doors, i though it was going to be one of the docs, but to my surprise it was Obi, holding a tray of food, did he make me breakfast? Oh how sweet. He placed the tray on my lap, i glanced down at the put together meal to see all my favourites, a smile grew on my face, my stomach thanked him definitely.

"Thank you lovely"

I dug into what he had prepared for me, I was so hungry. Obi smiled and chuckled to himself, he was happy to see me in good spirit, I love this man so much.

I finished my meal and I was about to get up to put the dishes away until he stopped me.

"Oh nono Biko, you must rest, let me handle that." Obi took the tray off me and walked out to take care of it.

I groaned, i didn't want him to do all the work, he came back and sat beside me, I huffed at him, he just chuckled and gave me a smirk. Obi lightly grabbed my face and pulled himself in to kiss me once again, our faces grew warm, he broke off the kiss and looked deeply into my eyes.

"I love you Y/N."

—————