Chapter 9- OUCH!

Adrien froze, the color of his face draining completely. He almost looked like a corpse. He let out a shaky breath in complete disbelief.

'Ouch,' he thought. 'Not friends? No! That was not true.' Adrien couldn't allow this to happen. He knew he had messed up with what he had done these past few days, but not friends?

No! He would not lose Marinette. Not as Adrien and definitely not as Chat!

Marinette lifted an eyebrow, feeling confused as she noticed the panicked look on Adrien's face. That was how he felt as well, right? Otherwise, why did he avoid her the way that he did? Why did he treat her so different from the rest of their friends?

These past few days, Adrien had made it painfully clear he wanted to stay clear of Marinette. So much that Marinette cried herself to sleep for the first two nights.

Did it make her angry? The hell it did! Did she believe their friendship had ended? Of course. Did she think Adrien was pretending right now? Kind of hard not to.

Marinette believed that probably the only reason he was talking to her now was that he felt sorry for her. Hearing her words and watching her pain made him feel sorry for her, making him want to talk to her out of pity.

And she didn't want or need pity friends.

Giving him one last look, she slowly turned and began to walk away. Marinette needed to get out of there. The bluenette didn't want Adrien to see her tears fall as she realized that the boy she loved was not the boy she thought he was.

"Wait!" Adrien called out, running after her and holding on to her wrist.

"W-what are you saying? A-are you unfriending me?" He asked, sadly panting as it dawned on him that he was close to losing her forever.

Marinette scuffed. Was this some sort of joke? He unfriended her! How dare he put this on her. He was the one who avoided her. He was the one who ignored her. Not her!

Adrien watched as Marinette chuckled angrily. Was this really what her life was going to turn out to be? First, Chat takes her first kiss, then she gets ignored, later assaulted, called a meaningless mistake, and now this?

Adrien was infuriating, yet why did he still mean the world to her? Why did she wish that he would beg her for another chance? Why did he make her legs feel like jelly by just looking at her?

"You can't unfriend someone who was never your friend," she replied coldly.

'Double ouch'

"What? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Adrien asked in disbelief. Marinette was shocked. She had never heard Adrien speak with nothing but respect before, so this was a new experience for her.

"It means what it means, Adrien."

"So you are unfriending me, damn it!"

Adrien didn't care about his language. He was mad! After everything they had been through together, their hangouts, gaming tournaments, advice with Kagami, the trip to New York and China, how could she say they were never friends? Did it all mean nothing to her?

"No, you did that!" Marinette whispered-yelled back at him, attempting not to draw unnecessary attention. "Isn't that why you have been avoiding me?" She hissed as she pulled her arm away from his hold and walked away.

Adrien was hurt. He knew he hadn't made the best decisions, but this was a bit much. The way she pulled her arm away from his touch was another kick to the gut. Now, she hated his touch. Adrien was dying. It wasn't like he knew she felt the same. It wasn't his touch she hated. It was the flashbacks that came with it. He had no idea it killed the bluenette more, as she wished she could enjoy it as much as she once did.