Chapter One

Claire's POV

"Claire get up, seriously. Its your first day and I don't want you to be late!" my mom yelled for like the tenth time this morning.

Her and I just moved to the Bay Area last week all the way from Pennsylvania and today starts my first day at my new school.

"Oh shush, Im coming." I replied to her. I got up, got a quick shower, blow dried and curled my long brown hair. Did my makeup, got dressed, brushed my teeth and walked downstairs.

When I arrived to the kitchen my mom surprised me by making my favorite breakfast, pancakes and bacon. (I mean who doesn't like bacon) "I seriously love you for this!" I screamed.

Ever since my dad died two years ago, my mom and I have been closer then ever. I still remember the day when me and her were sitting on the couch and got the call that told us my father was in the hospital from a terrible car crash. He obviously didn't make it, and I think what depressed me the most about leaving Pennsylvania is that his tomb was there. But my mom needed to start fresh, and I think I agreed.

"Well, how do you feel about your first day?" she asked me. "I don't know. I don't know anybody here, so im kinda scared." I replied. She then told me, "Claire, you have that outgoing, fun personality that everyone will like and you're going to have so many friends in no time! But you better get going, it's already 7:45."

School starts at 8, so I kissed her cheek and told her goodbye. Im 18, so I can drive. I hopped into my black punch buggy and drove off towards school. Senior year here I come.