Chapter Eight

They talked a lot until Noram got sleepy. Donghyuck took him to bed as he knew he already had enough information.

One of the things Donghyuck asked the kid was about his family. He wanted to know if Noram had ever met his grandparents, which the boy said he didn't. The brunette found this dual. Either Donghyuck's parents knew about the kid but never saw him, or they didn't and had no idea about Noram. That question was sensitive and didn't have any answers. Noram, as a kid, didn't have a wide range of knowledge, and the response was known only by the future Donghyuck.

Another question was about money. Donghyuck knew they were poor but was curious if they got financial support from the government or maybe even some person. Again, the question was too hard for Noram. He didn't know about the government and had no idea where his papa got all the money if not from work.

The third and the last thing Donghyuck asked was the one that touched him directly even now. "Did I drop out of university?" he asked. From Noram's answers, he could tell that the boy had no clue about it either. But then Donghyuck put everything together and guessed that he did drop out. Knowing that he worked as an exotic dancer meant that he didn't have much potential to work somewhere higher than the strip club. His studies as a performing arts course student went to waste!

Donghyuck was devastated by the last question. His dream was to become a well-rounded performer. That's why he was participating in both classes—singing and dancing. The boy always worked hard to make his dream come true, so imagine how he must feel, knowing that he won't reach it in the end. Instead of going to a stage full of stars, Donghyuck will have to dance for horny people!

"Future me might have already faced the fact that his life's ruined," Donghyuck said to himself. "All he wants for me to do is to find the father. But I'll do more. I'll not only find him, but I also make sure he sticks with me until the end."

🕐

Donghyuck was planning his weeks. He tried to go out when he felt like it as he believed that such a feeling visited the future Donghyuck too. In short, he tried to be his usual self to not ruin the future.

Noram was tagging along, however, which might have led to the possibility of future distortion. Like, Donghyuck was sure that some people he passed by in the streets didn't fall in love with him because he had a kid beside him. If that actually happened, Donghyuck found it funny.

Going out not only meant he was hanging out with his future son. It also meant that he had to meet with his friends. Renjun and Jaemin were surprised to see Noram with their friend most of the time. Once, they asked why the kid was always around. Donghyuck replied, "I'm taking care of him during the daytime."

It was enough for them to stop eyeing the kid, and they got used to him. They even filtered their language and stopped cursing. Donghyuck would be surprised if not for his knowledge about how these two will look after Noram in their own ways. Their soft side was already peeking out.

Anyway, Donghyuck's productive weeks freaked him out when he noticed that only two weeks were left until the next month, aka the deadline. Watching a baseball match with Noram by his side, now Donghyuck couldn't help but bite his nails in worry. His friends thought that he was too interested in the game. In reality, Donghyuck could feel some romance or maybe one-night stands approaching him.

You see, Donghyuck saw two possible daddies in the field, which ruined the usual interest in watching the game. No matter at which one he stared, he felt the same annoyance mixed with fear. One or another, the unfortunate one will be doomed if he fucks Donghyuck around the 6th of November. No mercy for that guy!

After the game, Jeno agreed to go somewhere together with the three + Noram. This time there was no Mark which relieved Donghyuck as he was sure Noram would still stare at the guy.