CHAPTER 087

"He is amazing" Osman gushed rubbing the main of his new horse. Bali Bey chuckled nodding his head. Suleiman watched proudly as our son checked his new horse, which he won fair and square.

"Thank you, mother" Osman moved away from the horse and over to me. He took my hand and kissed my knuckled respectfully before placing my hand on his forehead.

"I only fulfilled a promise, dear" I chuckled. Osman's excitement bought out his inner child, it made it easier getting over the fact that Suleiman will soon send him to a sanjak after the campaign.

"We should get on the road if we wanted to reach Manisa early in a couple of days" Suleiman interrupted. Osman nodded with a smile and climbed on top of his new horse. Suleiman held out his arm for me and I hooked mine with his. We moved to the first carriage where Ayse, Mihrimah, and Rosie were waiting for me.

"See you in a couple of hours" I whispered. Suleiman chuckled and helped me up the carriage with a slight struggle no thanks to the bump on me. I sat down beside Rosie in front of the daughters of Sultan Suleiman Khan. I decided that only the eldest four children will come with us while the rest stayed behind because of their studies, Mal and MAra were still with them along with Hundi Kalfa and other loyal maids. However, Cihangir was with us because I was scared of leaving him behind because of his condition.

"Mother, what do you think father will name our nephew?" Ayse asked curiously. Mihrimah turned from the window to look at me interested as well in my thoughts.

"Something none of us expect, I'm sure" I answered rubbing my belly. The baby was restless and gave me a very hard time.

"I cannot believe that Fatma is now a mother of a prince" Mihrimah hissed angrily leaning back against the wall of the carriage.

"We will get revenge someday, dear," I said earning her attention. She smiled slightly and nodded her head. I know she was thinking of Yahya, she must miss him after being apart for several months.

I took the extended hand and let Suleiman help me down the carriage in front of Manisa's palace. Mustafa and Yahya were bowing to us ready to greet us. Osman and Mehmed moved to stand behind me along with their sisters. It made my heart swell seeing my children and Hürrem's children united, Mustafa was the enemy, not the children I raised myself.

"Your majesty, welcome to Manisa" Mustafa greeted kissing Suleiman's hand respectfully. Suleiman nodded and looked at the palace behind Mustafa with a lot of emotions, he was reliving memories I did not know or was in.

"Thank you Mustafa" Suleiman nodded his head before moving to a man standing in line with other men. Mustafa turned his gaze to me, his eyes dropped to my belly for a second then went back up to meet mine.

"Welcome Sultanim, I am glad to see you and my sibling are healthy" Mustafa greeted with a nod. He did not dare come near me which was a good thing, I cannot deal with his crush anymore, Mustafa and I learned to co-exist without mentioning the incident during the two years we lived in Topkapi together.

"Thank you, Mustafa, congratulations on the birth of your son" I gave him a small smile, I was exhausted and just wanted to rest for as long as possible.

"Thank you" Mustafa nodded before he moved behind me to greet his siblings. I watched with a smile the interaction between the siblings, I cannot let them get too attached to Mustafa, he will hurt them. I looked at the palace, this was where Mustafa rules, I have to make Suleiman move Osman here, Mustafa cannot stay here.

"Qamar, come on" Suleiman called

"Qamar, come on" Suleiman called. I turned to look at him and nodded my head. I followed behind him with the children behind me, including Mustafa. The palace was much smaller than Topkapi and we reached the harem in less than a couple of minutes. Mahidevran was standing in line with Fatma Hatun by her side making my blood boil at the sight of her. Mahidevran bowed to Suleiman as he approached her, his eyes were looking all over the harem remembering his days as a prince her. Mahidevran kissed Suleiman's knuckles respectfully when he reached her.

"We missed you, you're finally here" Mahidevran spoke. The twinkle in her eyes made me uneasy but I ignore the feeling and looked at the new place I was in, I felt unsafe and uncomfortable which caused the child inside of me to move a lot.

"I missed Saruhan, we stopped several times on the way" Suleiman answered. That was true, Suleiman and the boys took many walks around the sanjak as Suleiman remembered his memories here. I used that time to rest and calm my nerves.

"How are you?" Suleiman asked to be nice. I knew for a couple of years now that there were no feelings for this woman inside of his body.

"As you see, I'm fine. I am happy with my son and grandson" Mahidevran responded. I wanted to roll my eyes knowing that some part of that statement was a lie, she was still hanging on to some hope with Suleiman.

"Good" Suleiman nodded with a polite smile on his face. I turned to look at Mustafa who was standing beside me, he looked happy. Suleiman moved away from Mahidevran and made his way out of the harem.

"Mahidevran, congratulations, being a grandmother is much work" I greeted with a smile. Mustafa, Mehmed, and Osman followed their father out of the harem. Mihrimah and Ayse moved to stand on either side of me. I could see Mahidevran was bothered by how close Mihrimah and I were.

"Yes, my grandson is going to occupy my time now. The harem is very happy with his arrival, they even began calling me valide Sultan" Mahidevran boasted. I raised an eyebrow, I did not know how to take her statement, was this a jab that her son was the closest to the throne?

"Well congratulations, that is the only title you will hold here" I shot back. I moved to walk past her with a smile on my face. Mahidevran's face fell but she said nothing as one of the maids showed me the way to my room in the harem.