Chapter One.

It's crazy how much can change in just 2 short years. To Raelle it felt like just yesterday that she and her friends were on the run for a murder that they didn't commit now she was standing on the back porch of the small ranch house that she shared with her wife. Taking a deep breath, Raelle slowly brought the chipped blue mug up to her lips staring out over the small pound that filled the couple's backyard. As the warm contents of the mug hit her lips, the blonde let out a soft groan as the warmth began to circulate through her body. Gray orbs gazing over the horizon of the farm, they landed on the small flock of ducks that swam across the pond, a light laugh caressing her lips.

When Scylla mentioned to her that she wanted actual ducks, Raelle honestly thought that she was losing her mind. Why in the hell did she want ducks? She was pretty sure that wasn't part of their white picket dream, and yet here they were with ducks swimming around in the small pond. Shifting her weight slightly onto her left leg, Raelle pulled the flannel jacket tighter around her center as the crisp autumn air whipped around her. It wasn't even that cold, hell on a normal day they were still running around the house in shorts and short sleeve shirts but today it just seemed like The Goddess had other plans for the weather, either that or she knew something was coming that the rest of them didn't.

Hearing the mesh screen door sliding behind her, Scylla's arms were wrapped around the blonde's slender waist before she even had time to realize what was happening. Leaning back into the warmth of her chest, Raelle took a deep breath breathing in the familiar scent of her favorite brunette, "Miss me?" Scylla whispered into her ear, face nuzzling into the base of her neck. "Always, but you already knew that." the blonde replied without so much as a second's hesitation as she felt Scylla's lips grazing over the sensitive skin of her neck. How the hell does she always know, it's like she's a damn mind reader, Raelle thought to herself as she just happily let out a low sigh. It was true, if there was one thing that Raelle could count on, it was that Scylla was never too far away when she started to get into her head and today, well she was in it big time.

Giving the blonde a slight squeeze, Scylla's brows knitted together noticing her wife's dazed expression, "You alright? I don't think I've seen a daze in your eyes like this since I suggested that we go pick up Tiffany from the Dodger camp." Scylla spoke softly, her chin resting softly on the shorter blonde's shoulder. Despite the fact Raelle was taller, Scylla had to admit she liked the advantage of her own height in shoes when Raelle walked around their house barefoot. Feeling the slight shift of Raelle's weight, Scylla released the blonde from her gasp watching as she slowly turned around to face her, "I still have no idea how you ever convinced me that bringing home a 8 year old was a good idea when we spend most of our time on base." but when Raelle's gray orbs met with Scylla's she knew exactly how the brunette managed to get her way. It was the eyes, somehow when Raelle's gaze met those glassy blues of Scylla's the world seemed to fall from around her and nothing else mattered. The world could literally be burning to the ground, and Scylla could ask Raelle if she wanted to do something as silly as go and get ice cream and the blonde would agree to it. Damn those eyes.

Even as they continued to joke, Scylla could tell something was still bothering Raelle, and she was determined to get it out of the blonde if it was the last thing that she did. Noticing the sudden shift in the brunette's attitude, Raelle's jaw locked for a brief moment before she placed the coffee mug that was still in her hand down on the banister of the porch. Turning her full attention back to the brunette standing before her, Raelle rose her own brow mulling over what exactly she was trying to say but in true Scylla fashion she already knew, "You're worried about the new cadet's coming onto base in the morning?" she asked, making the blonde laugh in amusement. Finally giving a small nod, she shrugged her shoulders, "This is the first recruitment since the Camarilla, a lot of people still aren't happy about what we did and I don't know..." letting out a deep breath, Raelle looked back out over the pond to the setting sun that began to go down over the horizon, "Things aren't as they used to be Scyl, everyone has powers now and some are angry. The last time people were angry, we had to deal with the Camarilla." she reminded the brunette, even though it was something that neither one of them would likely ever forget.