Chapter Fourteen - Lost

The chapter's so late, but it's longer! :) I uploaded this an hour past midnight. I had to post the update before I sleep!

~*~*~*~*

Chapter Fourteen - Lost

          Roar! My head automatically turned to the dragon as it roared and prepared to scoop me up again. No, it mustn't; it shouldn't. It couldn't take me away from here after surviving all the things I had been through. It could try to, but I wouldn't let it. Never.

          "No!" I tried to get my hands out of the chains that bound me here. No, it shouldn't take me away from Aethelgard. No, I won't let that happen, I thought. "Argh," I grunted as I tried to yank my arm out of these chains, "why won't you--"

          "Die!" Elfreda's voice made my ears hurt, and the dragon roar.

          She shot bright fireballs at the dragon when it was about to swoop me up. It was too focused on me that all the fireballs hit his side. It then bellowed in pain, its sound ringing in my ear.

          "Ack!" I screamed, falling down on my knees. I didn't understand why I screamed. I felt this burning sensation in my side, and I couldn't take it; it hurt so much.

          Our cries of pain didn't last long. It managed to recover from the pain caused by the fireballs. As it flapped its wings in the air, I tried to yank my arm out of the chains again. Then, to my surprise, I managed to pull my arm out of the chains that kept me from moving. My head turned to look at the chains, then I saw the flames. The flames were so powerful that it could eat up the chains that bound me.

          The ground shook again, but this time, it was much harder than the previous ones. I didn't see the dragon nudge the castle, but I knew the ground shook because of it.

          Roar! I raised my head and saw the dragon approaching. I could've heard the magisters yelling at me if my full attention wasn't fixed on the dragon. Its eyes met mine, and, as soon as our eyes met, I couldn't take my eyes of it. I felt my legs move, but I couldn't keep it from moving, nor did I try to. I didn't know why I felt something different, something weird, very weird.

          "Ack!" My own voice shook me out of my reverie. Then I realized that I was falling.

          I was falling. No, why was I falling? I shouldn't be! Why weren't they doing anything to save me? to keep me from falling?

          Something hard hit my back. "Ack!" My eyes closed in pain. I rolled down the stone-walled castle and felt my body aching all over. But it wasn't long before my body felt numb.

          I heard the sound of leaves rustling, but I kept my eyes closed. I knew I was still rolling down the castle. It was better to fall without knowing where I'd end up than knowing the horrible place I'd end up and not be able to do anything about it.

          "Safia!" I heard someone call. "Safia, wake up!"

          "Carina?" I asked, irritated by the blank space around me.

          Where was I? Why do I keep waking up in different places whenever I lose consciousness? I asked myself.

          "Wake up, Safia!" I heard her say. "You have to wake up. You have to keep going!"

          I turned around, hoping I would finally see her. "But I can't!" I shouted. "I tried doing it, but I just can't! I can't do it, Carina! I can't destroy Aethelgard!"

          "You can do it," she said. "But you have to wake up."

          I opened my eyes. The ground felt so soft and squishy, unlike the stone walls of Aethelgard. I tried to sit up. "Ouch," I mumbled as I cupped my head with my right hand. My head hurt... so much. There was something throbbing in my head, like my brain had its own heartbeat.