Chapter 8: The Vice President

Hwang Y/N POV:

Minji did just as she said. After our partner project and presentation, she distance herself from me.

She stopped coming to my dorm each morning, we stopped eating lunch together, and she stopped worrying about me.

I spent more time with my brother and his friends.

Eventually, I stopped going to classes altogether. It had been a month since I had gone to a class...

Today I decided to go up to the school roof and relax for a bit.

Unexpectedly, when I opened my front door the vice president was right there.

"Umm, Vice President what are you doing here?" I asked.

"You haven't been attending classes and exams are coming up," she said.

"Okay," I responded.

She just looked at me and didn't say anything else.

"Umm okay, do you need something else?" I asked unsure as to why she hadn't left yet.

"If you don't pass your exams you will not be allowed to attend the school ball," she answered.

"I have no interest in attending," I replied.

She sighed and turned to walk away.

"Wait!" I said trying to get her attention.

"Is the president... No.... Minji... going to be there?" I asked a bit hesitantly.

She suddenly smiled and responded, "Yes she will be."

"Okay, thank you," I said a bit nervous.... "guess I better study" I added.

She walked back towards me and said, "If you need help studying I'll be glad to help you."

"Yeah, that'd be great! Thank you, Vice President" I replied with a hint of gratitude in my voice.

"Haerin, just call me Haerin," she responded.

I nodded at her and she smiled grabbing my hand.

"Come on, let's go to class." She said dragging me with her.

When we arrived to the classroom, Minji unnie looked at me and then immediately looked away.

I put my head down feeling a bit rejected and found an empty seat in the back of the class.

"Why would she bring me knowing me and Minji aren't talking," I whispered to myself.

The class ended and I waited for everyone to leave... I wasn't sure what to do for lunch.

Haerin then walked in and said, "Come on let's go study for a bit."

I got up and followed her. She took me to the student council meeting room and shared her homemade lunch with me.

"This is delicious, you cook pretty well" I complimented her.

"Thank you," she responded blushing a bit.

In that moment, someone suddenly walked in...

It was Minji.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't mean to interrupt" she said, bowed, and then left.

I kept on looking at the door hoping she'll come back.

Haerin placed her hand on top of mine and I looked at her. "Just give her time, she'll come back around" she assured me.

I nodded and we studied for the remainder of lunch.

I decided to skip my next class to avoid Minji. Haerin and I made an appointment to meet after school and study in her dorm.

*
I knocked on The Vice President's door and she quickly opened. I walked in and was impressed by her dorm.

 I walked in and was impressed by her dorm

"Wow, nice room," I said to Haerin.

"Thanks," she replied.

"You ready?" She asked.

I nodded and she took my hand leading me to the dining room table for us to study.

We studied for a few hours and finally took a break.

"My brain is fried," I whined.

She giggled and just looked at me.

"You don't talk much do you?" I asked.

She nodded and responded, "Umm I guess."

"Would you like some water?" She offered.

"Please," I answered.

She handed me some water and I nervously asked, "Do you really think Minji unnie will come back around?"

She grabbed both my hands and squeezed them a little to reassure me, saying "I promise. She likes you too much to stay away."

It was then that we noticed Minji standing in the living room...

"Minji unnie!" I exclaimed in shock.

"President! What are you doing here?" Haerin looked shocked herself.

"I came to drop off your workload thinking you were monitoring the clubs, but I see I'm interrupting something." She replied.

She placed the workload on the coffee table and bowed at us.

"You both enjoy each other's company," she said and left.

"I think she's jealous," Haerin said.

I sighed and ran out the dorm looking for Minji.

"MINJI!" I yelled through the halls trying to find her.

I ran down and abruptly entered her office, panting out of breath.

There she was... sitting on her desk chair... crying.

"Minji..." I whispered to her.

She lifted her head and looked at me. It broke my heart to see her like that... I moved in closer and she spoke, "Please don't get any closer."

"What you saw..." I said.

"You don't have to explain, you can be with whoever you want to be with..." she whispered.

I approached her and gave her a hug, "Don't be stupid... there's nothing going on with me and the vice president."

"There's nothing going on with me and anyone... I just want to be with you... I miss you," I said to her.

She gripped onto my shirt, painfully crying and hugging me tightly.

I pulled away and wiped her tears.

"Will you please go to the ball with me..... as a friend?" I asked her, nervously waiting for her answer.

Suddenly, Minji pulled me by the collar and abruptly kissed me. I kissed her back and pulled away to gently wipe away her tears.

"Okay," she nodded.... "as friends," she said.

I couldn't help but smile wide and I held her.... just wanting to be in her embrace.

"Good," I whispered to her.

-

-

-

-

-