04

🤎┊HIGHSCHOOL SWEETHEARTS, chapter four.

˚➶

mikey stood up from the park bench at the sight of your figure approaching him from afar. you wore a cute brown, oversized cardigan over a collared top and a darker brown skirt. your hair was down, different than your usual ponytail you wore at school.

"hello," you greeted him. mikey hesitated, blinking profusely, feeling his cheeks go a little hot because you looked so different, in a cute way, from how you usually did, like you dressed up for him. "hi," he responded. you two stared at each other for a while before you spoke up. "w-where are we going?"'you asked finally.

"rollerskating," mikey grinned. your eyebrows raised slightly, "rollerskating?" mikey nodded his head, "yeah, have you ever been?" you shook your head and mikey scoffed slightly, now beginning to walk. you walked alongside him.

"i've been a ton of times. once for emma's birthday, once for mine, once with draken and emma, another time because i felt like, and then another time for my friends' birthday," mikey explained. you listened to mikey talk about all of his skating experiences, and even though he was droning on forever, you smiled at the right times and listening to mikey talk was enjoyable because it meant you didn't have to talk.

after 3 different stories with 5 different subplots from mikey, you arrive at the arena, immediately welcomed by loud music, the smell of sweat and flashing lights. mikey handed some guy some tickets for the two of you and he came over as you were putting on some size 6.5 rollerskates on. mikey took the rollerskaters he claimed were his "lucky rollerskates" even though they only had yellow laces, wheels and a star.

you two helped each other stand up and walked over to the wooden area. as soon as you had stepped onto it, you clutched onto the metal guiding railings, whilst mikey waltzed right onto it, even spinning to prove just how experienced he was.

he seemed to know what he was doing, skating past other people who were also skating and doing a whole lap around the rectangle before coming back to the centre, opposite you. mikey tried doing a trick in which he span 10 times in a row (the spinny mikey, he called it) and you were impressed before he slipped, falling straight onto his ass.

the spontaneity made you audibly laugh out loud, holding onto the rails so that you wouldn't fall also. mikey would have been upset at the fact that you were laughing if this wasn't the first time he had heard you laugh, and he thought it was to die for.

he pouted as you laughed for another whole 15 seconds before skating over to you, arms out like a baby learning to walk. "you're really good at this," you joked as you held your hand out, letting mikey pull himself up. "thank you for taking one minute to help me up," mikey responded sarcastically. "it wasn't even that funny."