05

🤎┊HIGHSCHOOL SWEETHEARTS, chapter five.

˚➶

as soon as you entered your house, you were immediately hit by the smell of your mum's cooking. you took mikey to the kitchen, assuming your mum was there. you slowly opened the door and greeted your mother, who was cooking with one hand and holding your baby brother, haru, in the other arm.

she turned around at the sound of the door creeking and frowned, "you skipped school?" you nodded your head, "this is my friend, mikey," you pointed with your hand. mikey bowed, making your mother chuckle a little. "sorry for the intrusion," mikey said with a sheepish smile.

"nonsense, nice to meet you, mikey," she put her wooden spoon down and held her hand out to shake mikey's hand. mikey smiled back, shaking it energetically. "american?" your mum asked. mikey shook his head, "nah," still smiling.

you took haru from your mother's arm, removing a heavy burden. "thank you, baby," your mother sighed, now able to cook without a handicap. you nodded, kissing haru's head and leaving the room with mikey behind you. "he's so cute," mikey acknowledged, smiling as haru put his fingers in his mouth, gurgling, still clearly smiling, at your presence. you smiled at mikey, opening the door to haru's play room.

you put him on the blue mats you have lying around and drag his box of toys, spilling it beside him. mikey also lay down beside him, introducing himself to the baby, who just laughed and flapped his arms. mikey grinned, playing 'bash the toy car on the floor' with haru, who seemed to be really good at that, especially when he was happy.

mikey also played peek-a-boo, which haru seemed to love, because everytime mikey hid his face behind his hands, haru would go silent, a little sad that his new friend had disappeared, but when mikey revealed himself after a few seconds, haru would laugh out with joy, crawling towards mikey and pushing his hand at his face (affectionately, you assured mikey).

you watched the two boys play from the bean bag cushion in the corner, smiling whenever mikey used his undeniably cute baby voice on haru, also appreciating the way mikey seemed genuinely happy to be around haru. you staring at mikey had your face heated, and you started to wonder if you actually did like mikey.

mikey turned around, giving your the purest smile you had ever seen. you smiled back, yawning slightly, before saying, "he likes you better than me." mikey grinned but then raised an eyebrow, "you tired?"

"i'll be okay," you assured him, shaking your head. "you should go to sleep," mikey suggested. you shook your head with more emphasis, "i'm not gonna leave you here alone."

"i'm not alone," mikey smiled, gently taking haru's wrist and waving it around. "hacchan is with me." you smiled at the nickname mikey had already given your brother, not moving. "seriously, go to sleep. i can be here all day. in fact, i won't leave until you've slept for at least an hour, mikey insisted.