Chapter 4

(Hey guys finally a new update, so just a few notes about this chapter, it talks about depression, anxiety, harming others, and self harm, if you are triggered by any of this then I suggest to not read this chapter because it is based around these topics. I myself do not know a lot about depression and anxiety meditation so please forgive and correct me if I have done something wrong whilst talking about it here, I do not mean to offend anyone by getting it wrong, I was researching about these topics.  Also I just want to say as the author of this fanfiction, any rude actions that are done by characters in this story entirely to people who do suffer from anxiety,and depression is not true at all. it was just a plot for the story. I apologise if it may have offended you in any way as that was never my intention. Once again vote and comment for any ideas for the next chapter in any new potential stories. as always I do not own Demon Slayer)  

Zenitsu POV

Its been about a month since I came to Japan and things have started to really look up for me. I made peace with my old friends and we have gotten along as if I had never left. Sometimes I do miss my friends from Australia, I call them and they are happy for me.

Tanjiro told me that after I had left Nezuko wasn't her usual happy self, but she seems fine to me now.

School is a bit hard for me because I was rusty on my Japanese reading skills but I caught up with the rest of the class in no time.

I started to help out Gramps with his dojo and there are so many promising students. 

But something was off, I felt someone following me ever since last week and I am starting to get creeped out. I try my best to ignore the gut feeling that I have that something will go wrong but it is hard.

I start making my way to school on my own because the others have already reached school earlier. That was suspicious especially for Tanjiro who always runs into class when the bell rings.

As I walk through the school gates I hear people whispering and giving me sad looks, and I was confused. What happened? I shook off their looks thinking that they were talking to someone else, but as I go to the usual spot were I meet my friends, I see her.

Koshi Aya, my first friend in that school and my first enemy as well. She hated me after I apparently I injured two other friends of ours, which I would remember doing but I don't remember anything.

Tanjiro POV: 

I woke up early like every morning and I see an urgent private text from Aoi saying that we should come to school now.

So I woke up Nezuko and we ran all the way to schools and Inosuke, Kanao,Aoi and a random Girl were waiting for us.

I send a quick text to Zenitsu saying that we are in school already and I put my phone back.

"What was so urgent Aoi?" I ask rubbing my eyes. She looks sad and points to the mystery girl.

"Her name is Koshi Aya, she-she was an old classmate of Zenitsu when he was in Australia and she came all the way from there to tell us something important about him," Aoi says.

Aya nodded,"I knew Zenitsu since he first ever came and I became his friend because he was so lonely and things were going great we had sleepovers, birthdays and holidays together," she started off.

I see Nezuko looking angry at her,, and I put my hand on her shoulder and she calmed down smiling at me.

"And we had two other friends Shuuji and Saya, and we all had a sleepover two years after Zenitsu arrived and we had decided to go out with supervision of course. We went to a park and- and we were playing hide and seek, I know it was babyish but we thought that it would be cool because it was a bit dark there. So I find everyone and we just talk for a while, th-then Zenitsu h-he goes all crazy on us. He just grabs a long sharp stick from the ground and he attacks Shuuji and Saya and he was about to attack me, but I somehow escaped," a few years come rolling down her face.

I listen shocked and some random kids also heard and they were shocked as well. Zenitsu wouldn't do this, he is far too kind and sweet to actually attack his friends. 

"What happened to Shuuji and Saya?" Kanao asks.

"They were knocked out for a while and my parents took them to a hospital and they woke up but they had no memory of what happened that day at all," she says.

"Zenitsu wouldn't do that, I know he is way to nice to just suddenly turn and hit his friends,"Nezuko says standing up for him.

"That's what I thought too, but I know what I saw and I saw him hitting them," Aya says. We were speechless, how could our friend do this?

"What happened to Zenitsu after your friends were in hospital?" Kanao asked.

"So the police had questioned him about what happened and he said that he didn't even remember doing any of that and the last thing that he knew happened was that he was talking to us in the park," Aya states.

I thank her for telling us this and Zenitsu comes looking really confused.

"Aya what are you doing here?" He asks. She just looks at him and glares and storms off.

"Monitsu was that Ada girl telling us the truth?" Inosuke asks.

"It's Aya and no, I didn't do anything, at least I don't remember doing anything, the police hooked me up to a lie detector and I was telling the truth, she just saw things,"he vents and he sighs and apologises for being angry. 

Zenitsu takes out a pill bottle and he swallows one before stating that he's going back home again.

I try to say his name so that he could come back but words weren't coming out of my mouth. As we watch him leave my mind is divided Aya says that she saw him do it, but Zenitsu says he didn't. I want to believe Zenitsu, but the way he was angry when explaining to us didn't make sense.

Aoi calls us," Guys Zenitsu's medication it's Paroxetine or Paxil you could say, I saw some in my parents pharmacy it's used to help depression and anxiety disorders..." She whispers.

"So you think Zenitsu is suffering from anxiety and depression?" I ask. She merely nods.

"Hey guys remember when Monitsu had those pills when we saw him in the roof, he started to do this weird yes no yes no thing after he had those pills," Inosuke says.

Kanao and Aoi's eyes widened and I was confused. Kanao noticed my confusion and she started to explain.

"We are thinking that Zenitsu may have a...."

( Cliffhanger, sorry not sorry. Tell me what you guys think will happen in the next chapter and what you think is going on between Zenitsu and Aya. Remember to vote, comment and annoy me so that I will post the next one soon. Adios bestiesss.)

~Luna