1:9 What Was Hope Doing In Your Dreams?

What Was Hope Doing In Your Dreams?
Part 1
————

What Was Hope Doing In Your Dreams?Part 1————

————

RECAP

Alaric looked at it. "I take it that's the urn I don't remember." Alaric said. You nodded.

"Yeah. We figured it was better to have it here than to leave it laying around." Hope responded, her voice low.

"So what happens now?" He asked. Just then the urn glowed a orange colour, all of us looked at it before all starring at each other.

You looked Alaric in the eyes. "I think we're about to find out." You then looked at Hope and she looked at you.

————

You sat on the chair in Ric's office. It was 2 in the bloody morning and we were still trying to figure out the next monster. "How long do you think it'll be before the next monster shows up?" Hope questioned.

"It's hard to say. I've never actually seen an artifact glow before." Alaric turned around holding a few books. "Where did you hide the urn, by the way?" Alaric asked.

Only Hope and you knew where the urn was. "I'm not sure we should tell you." Hope replied.

Alaric looked between you and Hope. "Excuse me?" Alaric asked. "Kate gets to know and I don't?" He looked at you then back to Hope.

"She's-She's different." Hope responded. "Isn't it safer if only two of us knows where it is?" Hope asked.

"But seeing as there is only one of me, then that one of us should be the adult." Alaric was serious.

You put your feet up on the table, watching the interaction. "Funny, because I thought it should the two of us with high level superpowers." Hope stood up and moved so her whole body was facing Alaric. "What do we tell everyone else?" She asked. "We should probably warn them before a cyclops crashes exam week." You rolled your head back with a groan, forgetting about the exams.

"It's usually best to start with some form of the truth." Alaric replied, moving to sit on the end of his table.

Hope looked at him. "What about those times the truth is the one thing you can't say?"

"Are you sure you want to keep all of this from Landon?" Alaric inquired. "I mean, I understand you wanting to protect him, but..." Alaric trailed off.

You lifted your head. "He's been wondering about his mother his whole life." Alaric and Hope looked at you. "He finally meets her and then she dies. If we can keep him from knowing what that feels like, then it's worth it." You crossed your arms over your chest. You sighed as no one speaks. Hope nodded in agreement, though. "Look, it's our secret to keep, Dr.Saltzman. Please."