Books

Grey POV

I was furious with Amos, but I was also furious with Agrona because he didn't do anything to help. Despite the fact that Agrona is aware of how much I value my sisters, he stood there as if nothing had ever happened. I stomped to his office and barged in without even bothering to look at what he was doing there.

I confronted him while letting out an indignant sigh and stood there.

I addressed him as "Father," and he turned his attention to me while raising an eyebrow.

"Am I allowed to kill Amos?" I'd already reached the point where I wanted that son of a whore to die.

"No, but I will allow the baby to not experience the experiments, but the child must stay in Taegrin Caelum for a while," he said, "I don't want my people to see me playing favorites." He responded in a composed manner and I nodded. The response he provided was satisfactory to me. I bade him farewell and made my way back to the palace of Viessa.

When I arrived, Viessa was cradling her newborn child on her bed, and I went to her closet to retrieve one of her blankets, which I then used to cover both of them.

"Regardless of the circumstances, I will assist you and the child." I spoke in a soft and gentle tone as I kissed her on the forehead.

Before I went back to my palace to find the elf I had kidnapped awake, I said, "Your happiness is important, and I'll do anything to make you happy."

—-----------------------

"Where am I?" It was likely due to the mana restrainers that the Elven Elf's voice was weak when she asked the question.

She attempted to stand up but immediately fell down after I replied in a tone that was not hostile, "You are in my palace." I suddenly materialized next to her and grabbed her just a few inches before she hit the ground. I had both of my arms wrapped around her waist, and her face was resting on my neck. I could feel her warm and tense breath hitting the skin of my neck.

While I was putting her to bed, I casually mentioned to her "I think you should get some rest." Although her face was slightly flushed, I didn't pay much attention to it and continued on.

"Why did you bring me here?" When she inquired of me, I paused for a moment and then raised one eyebrow, thinking to myself, "This has got to be the dumbest question I've been asked to this point."

"Interrogation." I responded to her as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, and she appeared embarrassed. I then left the room, but not before standing in the doorway.

I cautioned her by saying, "If you manage to open the door I will be signaled. Please don't try anything because I'm not a very patient man," and then I shut the door behind me as I walked into my room.

"Heyyyyyyyyy!" I was about to sigh with exhaustion when I heard a yell, but thankfully, she did not attempt to flee.

I used my teleportation abilities to appear in front of her room and then opened the door.

"Where is the toilet?" She asked me, and I gave her a mental facepalm before releasing her from her chains and pointing to a door on the left.

"There are clothes in that locker," I pointed to the locker where Viessa used to store her belongings whenever she stays over. "I just hope they fit," I said, indicating that if the clothes did not work for me, I might have to go out and buy some new ones. When I thought about going shopping, I couldn't help but groan.

—--------------------------

The next morning, after what had transpired the day before, I was sitting in bed reading the newspaper while eating some toast and drinking some coffee. I was very exhausted. I got some food and drink ready for the prisoner that I have, and I'm wondering whether or not I should mention her to Agrona. However, I quickly shook my head because I was scared of what he might do to me. Despite the fact that he raised me as his own child, I've learned not to push him too far beyond his comfort zone.