January

It was time for a prom practice. Gym teacher didn't think we'd manage with any less practice but needed some extra.

- Let's strech our arms like this. Rolling them around in opposite directions. Anthony come on.

- I don't feel like it.

- Why?

- I'm not a helicopter.

- You can be Boeing 737 if you want to but please you need to take part.

- I don't dance at prom so I don't know why I'm here.

- You don't dance? You out of anyone should. Well not my business. So folks listen up! Prom is going to be held in March and you'll have your own prom night on Sunday. What ever you've been planning then... But on Saturday we are going to hold a little prom like show down for your family and friends here at school. That's why we need to practice. I'll be making a coreography for your special dance show but today let's practice some waltz. In this dance at the family prom event you can go pick up anyone you like, okay? But today we'll practice with your own prom pair. Samuel where's your pair?

- Penelope is sick. She's not coming in today. Can I switch pairs with Larry maybe?

- Can I go for a walk? I asked and realized too late it was a huge mistake to make the gym teacher remember me.

- No you can't. You practice waltz with Samuel today because his pair is sick.

- What? Samuel asked. There was no way he had heard correct.

- Yes. You two. Samuel, to be honest with you, you don't have any sense of rhythm what so ever. I'm sure Anthony is not going to eat you alive. And if you won't do as I say you can say goodbye to prom. Understood?

I saw Samuel clance at me. He bit his lip and I knew prom meant a lot to him so he reached out his hand. His mates were laughing as I took his hand.

- Watch out Samuel! He's going to turn you into a ballerina.

- Oh shut up you!

We stayed few feet apart and tried to follow the gym teacher showing us basic steps for waltz.

- Every single one of you looks like their pair has been soaked in rotten fish. Closer! Larry and Laura... You too are close enough but Larry... I'm sure Laura's bum doesn't need any support so please keep your hand in her waist.

They all laughed, even I smiled a little.

- You two, gym teacher came to us.

- Samuel just needs to imagine Anthony as Penelope. Just get closer boys it's not like this little prom dance practice is going to turn you into gay or anything. No offense if one of you is or both. That's cool.

Samuel got a huge fit of cough and I've never been so red.

- Okay! Let's try with some music and if you please me enough let's get down to the fun part which is your own coreography. Okay and here we go...

The dance practice was finally over and Samuel stormed out.

- Fuck this. Fuck him.

- Yeah how dare him, Marcus nodded to his friend.

- First the kiss and now this. I just can't handle this shit..., Samuel realized what he had said and covered his mouth. Larry put his hand on Samuel's shoulder.

- What did you say? Has he forced himself on you?

- No. It was nothing. Just forget it.

- Just tell us and we make him pay.