Chapter 2

❄️

That was until he heard a car stopping, he got so scared of it, that he thought that it would run him over, which did not happen.

He turned around only to glance at the black car and soon after that he noticed that somebody opened the back door of the car. "You okay?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki sighed in response. "Yup, you?" Ni-ki asked as he glanced in Sunghoon's direction before looking away.

"Yup, you should watch where you're walking next time, you almost got run over," Sunghoon said before he shut the car door and Ni-ki continued walking. That was until he heard the car's trumpet and stopped walking as he turned around and glanced at the driver who was speaking but he could not understand a thing, so he decided to just continue walking, maybe he wasn't even speaking to him.

That was until he heard Sunghoon speak. "My driver can drive you home, hop in," Sunghoon told him through the opened window while Ni-ki hesitated, that was until Sunghoon somehow convinced him.

❄️

It was awkward. Ni-ki was looking out of the window while Sunghoon was on his phone on the other side, a gap between them visible. "Just tell the driver where to stop," Sunghoon said as he glanced at him while Ni-ki hummed in response.

"How did you and Jay meet?" Sunghoon suddenly asked making Ni-ki turn his head in his direction. "Uh, well in school." He replied. "That's a stupid question of mine to ask." Sunghoon chuckled while Ni-ki smiled in response. "It kind of is."

"Have any siblings?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki shook his head in denial.

He is way too interested in me...

"I heard from Jay that we are both from the same city," Sunghoon said as he grabbed a big backpack and opened it, while Ni-ki glanced at him slightly confused.

"Here," Sunghoon said as he handed him his black coat and a dark blue scarf. "Thank you." Ni-ki smiled at him as he grabbed it. "No problem-" Sunghoon said and soon after that, he cleared his throat. "Why did you leave in such a rush?" He asked while Ni-ki sighed. "You ask too many questions," Ni-ki replied somewhat coldly.

"Sorry for that, I am just curious." Sunghoon turned to the other side to look out of the window. "Well, curiosity killed the cat," Ni-ki said while Sunghoon laughed in response.

"I am sorry for trying to be polite and trying to make a friend, next time I see you I'll be quiet," Sunghoon said while Ni-ki felt bad now as he swallowed a lump of saliva down his throat.

"I-" Ni-ki wanted to apologize but it was too late, it was his closest place to home and so he told the driver to stop there and so he did.

Ni-ki was now outside, he took a last glance at the black car, and soon after that, it drove away.

❄️

Ni-ki sighed as he thought of how rude he must have been to Sunghoon, but he would never see him again, right? After all, he seemed wealthy to him and he probably lived in those big mansions he had seen a few times when he was cycling near other neighborhoods.

Why do I feel so bad though...

Ni-ki sighed.

To be fair he was kind of noisy and I do not easily trust people...

He thought to himself until his thoughts were interrupted by his father loudly knocking on the door, Ni-ki didn't need to check twice to be sure that his hands were shaking out of fear.

"Open the damn door, Riki." He heard his father's command, but Ni-ki didn't listen. He grabbed his phone, his charger, and a coat with his scarf as he thought if he should jump out of the window since it wasn't that high after all.

He decided to take the risk but before that, he dressed in his coat and he wrapped the scarf around his neck, opening the window while he had his phone and a charger in his pocket and so he jumped out of the window, not minding his father's swearing at him and shouting some hurtful names that no teenager should experience.

He landed on the snow, it felt like a pillow to him, though all his clothes were already wet and he was freezing, it was better than getting beaten up by his father.

Ni-ki never thought that it could get to this point, but here he was hiding from his father with no protection whatsoever from his mother who was probably sleeping.

Ni-ki felt tears streaming down his face as he ran down the road, he had nowhere to go, and he felt lost in the neighborhood he had lived in for almost seventeen years.

He decided to call Jay. He just needed assurance and he knew that he could get just that from Jay, a reasonable friend who was understanding, it was not even that Sunoo or Heeseung weren't, but Sunoo would start panicking while Heeseung would drive all over here and beat his father up and Ni-ki didn't want that.

"Riki?" He could hear Jay's voice clearly from his phone. "Hey, hyung..." Ni-ki spoke as he hoped that Jay would not notice any changes in his voice.

"Are you crying?" Jay asked while Ni-ki wiped his tears off his face. "No, hyung I am fine, I-"

"Riki, what happened?" Jay asked calmly. "My dad, he-" Ni-ki wanted to explain more, but Jay didn't need any more explanation than that. "That monster should be in a prison." He could hear Jay sigh. "He tried to beat me up, but maybe he just wanted to talk-"

"People like him do not talk like that to a human being, Ni-ki," Jay said while Ni-ki let out a sigh. "I'll call Sunghoon," Jay said while Ni-ki widened his eyes at that. "No!?"

"Why not?" Jay asked. "He is not bad, Riki," Jay said. "I would've called the Family Center, but you would hate me for it," Jay said while Ni-ki knew that that is true and there was no need for denying it. "Okay..." Ni-ki blurted out. "Thanks, you can come live with me, but you need to be patient," Jay said. "It's hard you know, paperwork, proof and you have a lot of it-" Ni-ki interrupted him. "I'll be here for a week and then he might calm down-"

"Ni-ki he will never calm down!?" Jay said out loud full of frustration, it did surprise Ni-ki at first, but it was quite understandable that he reacted like that.

"Okay, I'll call him and he'll be here probably in a few minutes, everything will be fine, Riki," Jay assured while Ni-ki hummed in response and he hung up.

.・゜゜・

"I can run, but I can't hide
from my family line..."

*+:。.。 。.。:+*