Wish Upon A Shooting Star || Guide to Resources

We asked users what kind of user-run opportunities they wished were available on Wattpad, and they gave us a great list

We asked users what kind of user-run opportunities they wished were available on Wattpad, and they gave us a great list. Here are a few suggestions of things you could start up to fill a demand on Wattpad. If you do start one, feel free to promote it in its section, and we'll also give some shoutouts to good opportunities we know of.

_____________________________

⭑ Collaborative Anthologies 

Challenge: Start a book with a common theme and accept submissions from users around Wattpad! You get to be the editor: choose the theme, what your submission standards are, and what entries to accept. Try to give love to your authors—promote what stories you accept as much as you can. It'll be good for your anthology and for them!

Examples:

Bottled Dreams by DreamlandCommunity
A multiple-themed fiction collection (opens periodically)

Tevun-Krus by Ooorah
A sci-fi newsletter featuring SF short stories (accepts submissions monthly)

Wattpad Tips & Writing Tricks by avadel
A non-fiction collection of articles around Wattpad (currently open)

Put any examples you know of here (including your own!):
Be sure to tag the profile and/or provide a book link!

_____________________________

Beta Readers 

Challenge: Start a beta-reading service, either formally in a book, or informally on your message board . You don't have to be a formal reviewer; just read the as much of the  story as you can and give your thoughts as a reader. What was good about the story? What made you emotional? What made you want to put it down? Typically, Beta Readers only service Complete books, but your rules would be up to you.

In-Line Opportunity: Would you be interested in maybe beta reading for someone reading this book? Comment inline here with what kind of stories you accept!

In-Line Opportunity: Do you have a completed story you're looking for a Beta Reader for? Comment inline here with your story title and a quick pitch! Potential Beta Readers may or may not reach out to you!

Put any examples you know of here (including your own!):
Be sure to tag the profile and/or provide a book link!

_____________________________

Book Scavenger Hunt