Chapter Eleven

A/N: Oops! I'm back!

AS IT TURNS OUT, THESE "freaks" could do a whole lot more than Andy anticipated. The next power she witnessed in action was Dekka's, much to the girl's shock and surprise.

Knocking had never really been something Andy remembered to do, so when she swung open the door to their room that night, she half expected to take Dekka by surprise. What she hadn't expected was to be ten times as surprised as Dekka was. Then again, she hadn't expected to walk in on a levitating pile of books, paper and stationery.

Dekka let out a gasp and the mysterious floating mass came tumbling to the floor in a deafening crash, loud enough for every other dorm room to hear.

If Andy was in Dekka's position, she probably would've bolted from the room and denied every single detail of the event for the rest of eternity. Instead, Dekka remained seated on her bed, staring at the pile on the floor.

And something about it made Andy laugh.

And something about that made Dekka's head snap up.

"Oh my god!" Andy shrieked. "So you do have a power!"

Dekka was speechless, so Andy shut the door behind her and walked over to the mess left on the floor. "Very nice," she smirked. "You make things levitate?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Dekka muttered. Andy assumed it had meant to sound like a threat, but Dekka looked anything but threatening right now.

"Come on, Dekka. I just walked in on a floating heap of... everything you'd find in a nerd's backpack. You really think I didn't see that?"

"You have no proof."

Andy sighed and sat on the edge of her own bed, mulling over her next move. "I don't want proof," she admitted.

She leaned forward to pick up a pencil from the floor, rolling it back and forth in her hand. Then, quick as a flash, she threw it into the air. At the peak of its flight, the pencil ignited, becoming a falling ball of flame.

"Andy!" Dekka shrieked, as the pencil hit the floor.

"Relax," Andy muttered, and just as she finished speaking, the pencil turned to ice, completely frozen over.

The room was silent as Dekka tried to comprehend what had just happened. Andy could hear distant chatter from the hallways, other kids blissfully unaware of what had just transpired in their room. A magical floating pile of books and stationery, and a flaming arrow in the form of a pencil that turned to ice as it fell to the floor.

"How did you do that?" Dekka asked.

"Practice," Andy shrugged. "The same way you levitated all that crap."

"Anti-gravity," Dekka corrected her. "I can't really choose what goes up, just whatever's in the area I pick."

Andy hummed in response. "Could you levitate a person?"

The anxious look Dekka gave her filled Andy with a sense of power. "I don't know," Dekka spoke slowly. "I haven't tried."

Andy nodded once. "You're coming tomorrow, right? To the meet up?"

"I was thinking about it."

"You should," Andy smiled, though she couldn't help the slight smirk playing at her lips. "It'll be fun to figure out what you can really do."

As she got ready for bed that night, Andy sent one text to Diana Ladris, reading:

Dekka Talent. 14. 3. ANTI-GRAVITY.