-CHAPTER 3-

Eto na kaya yon?? I asked myself as I observe the gate in front of me

My google map brought me here after i encoded the address na isinend sa'kin ni Aleng Carmilita kahapon.

👤: 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗮

𝖫𝗈𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖻𝖺𝗁𝖺𝗒 𝖺𝗆𝗉𝗎𝗇𝖺𝗇: 𝖪𝖺𝗁𝗂𝖽𝗅𝖺𝗐 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗍, 𝖻𝗋𝗀𝗒. 𝖬𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗀𝗎𝗒𝗈.
-𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘢

𝖠𝖽𝖽𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝖽𝖾𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗅𝗌: 𝖻𝗅𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗀𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖺𝗂𝗅𝖻𝗈𝗑. 𝖭𝗎𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 78.
-𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘢

𝖧𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖺 𝗌𝖺𝖿𝖾 𝗋𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝖤𝗂𝗃𝖺𝗁💓
-𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘢

𝖳𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗄𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗉𝗈☺️
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘺_𝘎𝘰𝘻𝘢-

𝖲𝖾𝖾𝗇.

Eto na yon, black gate raw with red mail box eh.  I entered the gate and began to explore its long road.

Kakaiba yong aura ng paligid sa loob ng bakuran ng b.a.n.a.c .

The breeze was cold and creepy, it makes my fur stand on end. The tree leaves makes rustly swishing sound along with the spooky whistle of the wind. Feeling ko may nakatingin sa'kin!

After minutes of walking sa mala horror tunnel na kalsada, i finally reached the humongous house built in the freakin' middle of the forest.

The house seems old, but i assure that it is always renovated, maybe every year if i was asked. They kept it's old vintage vibe by the way.

It is a 3 story house with an attic. The walls outside were covered with varnished pine wood in clapboard siding that gives texture and character to the house. Windows were large, Capiz window ito sa pagkakaalam ko. The combination was new to me, It looks like a semi-modern Philippine farm house.

I followed the rocky corridor leading to the oak main door of the house. I was about to knock when the doorknob suddenly supinated by itself. Baka may sensor lang haha. The door creakes  as i open it slowly at bumungad na nga sakin ang madilim na hallway ng bahay. I mean, it's not that really dark, maybe dahil lang sa warm light and hindi rin masyado nakakapasok ng sinag ng araw sa loob.

Marahan akong pumasok sa Bahay Ampunan. The wood floor makes squeaking sound as i step on to it, that creeps me huh.

In spite of the tense that i was feeling while i was walking away from the door, i was astonished naman by the various canvases hanged against the dirty white walls. Each peace expresses different emotions, the works were pulling me inside this mysterious home.

My feet carried me to the living room without me noticing. Malawak at maaliwalas ang sala nito. Tulad ng sa hallway, dirty white rin ang pintura rito na halos matakpan na ng tole-tolenadang paintings. The ceiling was enclosed by oak beams and the light here was also produced by antler chandeliers.

The furnitures were made out of oak woods too that matches the brown leather traditional sofa. Baka galing ang mga kahoy na 'to sa mga puno sa labas.

Sa pag-ikot ko ng aking mga matang manghang-mangha sa sala ay biglang sumagi rito ang isang naka-upong matanda, si Aleng Carmilita. She was sitting on a rattan rocking chair next to the fire place while crocheting.

"Aleng Carmilita," patanong kong tawag sa kaniya. Para maka siguro lang na siya talaga hehe. Tumigil ang matanda sa kaniyang ginagawa at saka ito'y tumayo bago humarap sa'kin. Siya na nga, pews...

"Oh eijah, nandito ka na pala, halika upo ka," she happily welcomed me habang inilalahad ang kamay niya sa couch. Tinanguan ko siya bago lumapit sa upuan at umupo rito. She then sat next to me.

"Kamusta? Anong masasabi mo sa bahay ampunan? Pasensya ka na at hindi kita masundo sa labas, hirap na kasi ako maglakad," walang prenong sabi nito sa'kin.

"O-kay lang po, maganda po ang bahay ampunan, i feel comfortable here po hehe" feel comfortable? Talaga ba chandy? Eh parang kanina gusto mo nang umatras e...

"Mabuti naman kung gano'n," she exclaimed.

The silence and awkwardness centered between the two of us.

"Tayo lang po ba titira sa malaking bahay na'to Aleng Carmilita?" I asked, breaking the silence and my curiosity.
I can't live in this crappy house kung dalawa lang kami. Plus, Aleng Carmilita... I'm quite scared of her or whatsoever.

Umiling-iling si Aleng Carmilita sa tanong ko, "hindi Elijah, Meron pang limang bina't dalaga rito nasa eskwelahan lang sila," replied Aleng Carmilita. Her answer made my head frowned. "Po? May pasok po Sila kahit linggo?"

Aleng Carmilita chuckled, "Elijah, Anong linggo? Biyernes pa lamang ngayon," She replied, that made me confused more.

Agad kong kinuha ang phone ko sa sling bag ko at saka sinilip ang date. July 19 na??? "How's this even possible?? Kanina lamang ako bumyahe at sigurado ako na 14 palamang ang petsa ng umalis ako sa bahay," I asked, bewildered.

"Tama ka Chandelier..." The elderly said, reason for me to look at her.

"Umalis ka ng bahay niyo July 14 'di ba? That was the day na nag submit ka sakin ng application form mo. Haven't I mentioned yesterday that you were the first one to answer my question correctly these past few days?" She asked while highlighting her 'past few days' by sarcastically saying it.

Napatakip ako ng bibig ko dahil sa pagkagulat. I still don't understand, what the heck is going on?!

"Ano pong ibig mong sabihin??" I asked with uncertain voice.

Aleng Carmilita sighed, "you were asleep for 3 days Elijah," she surmised. Ano raw?? Tulog ako ng tatlong araw?!

The emotion that I was feeling was beyond shock, I don't even know what to say nor what to react. Am I being oa? No... Yeah

"It's okay Eijah, at least you're fine now," the elderly said consolingly. Aleng Carmilita then stood up bago naglakad palayo, she didn't even mention where she was going nor say goodbye. Okay, weird

"Yung room mo ay nasa taas, right hallway, third room. Good luck with your housemates," aniya kahit pa hindi niya nako nakikita. Or baka... Eme!

Tumayo narin ako mula sa pagkakaupo sa black couch at nagsimulang maglakad patungo sa sinasabing kuwarto ko raw ni Aleng Carmilita.

The hallways on the second floor are no different from the other hallways in the house. Para lamang akong umiikot at bumabalik sa pinanggalingan ko kanina.

When I arrived at the third room that Aleng Carmilita was talking about, I immediately opened the door due to my excitement. But the eagerness that I was feeling was replaced by surprise, there was a man inside my room!