EPILOGUE

Three months later, winter had gone by, and it was springtime. The streets of Arendelle were bustling with women, men, and children from all around. The Northuldra, too, had joined in the festivities. People of all ages came in procession to the royal courtyard. Both the Arendellians and their long-lost neighbors chatted noisily among themselves in anticipation of the royal couple.

Elsa and Alex were dressed luxuriously as they walked down a familiar corridor.

"Any other instructions for me, High Queen?" Alex asked humorously, much as Elsa did to him during her coronation.

"... Never call me that again," demanded Elsa with a warm smile.

"Understood, Elsa."

They moved out together and stood before the people. Kai introduced,

"Presenting, High Queen Elsa and King Alex of Arendelle!"

The people cheered and erupted, applauding. They thronged the courtyard, admiring the same boy that lifted their souls when all seemed lost upon that hill—they were happy to see him in a place they thought he deserved.

As Anna and Kristoff joined their side, Kai announced,

"Presenting, Princess Anna, and Lord Kristoff, Royal Adviser to Arendelle!"

The townsmen and women acclaimed the lovely couple and wished them a happy life, as both of them dissolved into the crowd. Olaf stood on Sven's back and directed him toward Kristoff and Anna, like a sailor. "This way, Sven!" he cried, holding onto his antlers—all that training did pay off!

The new queen and king prepared to step off the dais.

"Shall we, Elsa?" inquired Alex.

"Mm-hmm." she agreed. As they gracefully paced toward the crowd, the people bowed low, taking off their hats and clearing the way. Not far away, Mattias stood by Halima and stared at a photograph of theirs in confusion.

"What is this crazy magic called again?" he asked his crush, who was now as old as him.

"... A photograph!" she exclaimed, feeling silly that he didn't know.

"A 'photograph'? We look good."

As the king walked up to him, Mattias passed the photograph to Halima. "Your Majesty..." he expressed, saluting. Receiving the gesture, Alex commanded,

"At ease, General Mattias. It is such an honor to receive my first salute from you."

"No, no. The honor is mine."

Alex smiled and shifted his eyes onto his partner. "Halima." he greeted.

She curtsied and returned, "Your Majesty."

As the general walked with Alex, he quietly asked him, "How do I look?"

Alex stopped abruptly and eyed him up and down, inspecting his turnout thoroughly. He was once a soldier, too; uniforms had to be 'perfect'. Mattias grew nervous—he began to wish he had never asked.

"Ready to lead the contingents in a parade!" the king flamboyantly proclaimed, patting him on the shoulder. "Now," he went on. "Go get Yelena from the Northuldra, will you? A feast for the eyes awaits both our peoples."

Later, a stupendous gathering covered around a curtained structure, excited to know what it was. Elsa and Alex proceeded to the base of the central platform while Mattias escorted Yelena to the same. Together, they unveiled a bronze sculpture of young Iduna saving Agnarr—this was the act, the bond that brought their people together. The onlookers marveled at the statue in awe and lauded it.

Staring at the statue, Yelena began, "Our lands..."

Mattias went on, "And people..."

Alex continued, "Now connected..."

Elsa finished with a humble smile, "... By love."

All of Arendelle was overwhelmed by a sense of peace and realization. People who seemed to know nothing of each other for over thirty years began to see one another as old friends. Just as Elsa had promised her little sister when they were children, she was queen, and Anna was her right hand: they ruled throughout the land and took care of their people. All of them loved them both too. As for Alex, he finally got his chance to serve Arendelle in the best way he deserved. With the Northuldra befriended, every wrong in the past had been righted. They finally had their happy ending.