Chapter Two

(Tori)

Underworld

I was at the house now, but after the fight between Sarah and that Johnathan kid I called my partner to meet me at my house. It was night out, but I am allowed outside during the day, but I would have put a hood on so no one will know what I was. I was pacing back and forth waiting for Xavier to arrive. He was about ten minutes which is usual for him, but still.

"Well it's great to see you again Tori." I jumped at the voice that was behind me and I looked behind me and I saw Xavier with a smile on his face.

"Damn it, Xavier you know better then sneaking up behind me, have you forgotten the last time you did that and you almost got killed because I attacked you?" I asked him and his smile became a frown and put his hand behind his neck and I smiled.

"Alright, alright I understand Tori sorry for doing that to you Mistress. So why did you call me here for? Are the girls alright?" He asked me. I forgot my father told him about my job. I took in a deep and sat on the couch. I knew that kid was working for Garret and it won't be long before he is changed into a vampire.

"The reason why I told you to meet me here is because we have problem. We've been watching over Clare ever since she was a child. You remember how I wanted to take her away from her abusive family?" He nodded his head. "Well, Johnathan that kid that kidnapped her and tortured her?" When I told him this his eyes turned from brown to blood red. He nodded once again. "He's working with Garret, and you know he wants to kill these girls because of the powers they hid within themselves that they don't even know yet. That's why I was assigned to protect these two girls. For one if they want their powers to come in they will have to date because they are mates. Second, this is the strangest thing to ever happen in our world. Two human girls who are destine to be together and later in their life to be changed to fight in the war we are going in right now." He looked at me confused and I put my hands on my face and signed. "What I am sating is the girls are in more danger then I knew. Johnathan is working with out worst enemy and when he works with him, he needs to be changed first. Johnathan isn't done with Clare yet. What I am saying is I need your help. We will have to go undercover at their collages. I'll take Clare's and you take Sarah's. We need to keep them in out eye sight at all times. Well, will you help me?" I asked and he looked at me with a smile on his face and bowed.

"Yes Mistress, I would be happy to work a long side you. When do I start?" He asked as he got up from his bow. I hated it when vampires did that to me. Just because I am the princess of the king and queen of vampires doesn't mean you keep bowing to me. Also I hate it when they call me Mistress or my lady, after a while it gets annoying. I took in a deep breathe.

"Xavier, once we are in the human world please don't call me Mistress or my lady. Also you don't have to bow every single time you see me or when I say something that sounds like an order. Humans don't know we exist that's why we stay in the underworld. Even though we are in a war right now. It's been quite lately and I am proud of that, but I think the reason why is because other creatures and a lot of vampires has found a way to leave. We must be on our guard once we go up to the humans. If I am right creatures and vampires will be hunting humans and we have to stop them. Even though my duty is to protect Clare and Sarah, I am still in charge of the of the others. If you see any usual person go up to them and talk to them. If they are human they would be scared to face you because of your eyes. If it's not human show your vampire form and tell me about it and call my father and tell them you found a few friends of our. They will deal with them and you just walk away. You got it?" I said as I started walking pass him.