Episode 4-The Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity's Comeback Part 2

It was raining and the terrain was brutal as we began to run for our final assessments. I had already stumbled and slipped a few times, the added weight from my travel pack was no help. I looked behind me and noticed Armin at the very end of the group. I slowed my pace to a mild jog in place as I waited for him to trek towards me. Shadis began to draw in the air ready to scream. " WHAT'S WRONG ARLET? YOU'RE FALLING BEHIND! IS IT TOO HARD FOR YOU? DO YOU WANT TO BE THE ONLY ONE WHO PUTS DOWN HIS EQUIPMENT? IF THIS WAS A REAL MISSION YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN TITAN FOOD!" He shrieked and rode ahead of us. "Dammit," Armin hissed.

    Reiner came up from behind us and scooped up Armin's pack and attempted to take mine but I waved him off and he began to speak "You'll end up dropping out this way! We're being downgraded on today's training!". Armin looked stunned and quickly replied, "But now, they're gonna punish you, too!". Reiner responded, "Then do your best so they won't find out! Don't make me change my mind!". "Here Armin I'm not the strongest but I can try and haul you most of the way," I said I mean c'mon the boy's eyes were dead tired and he was wheezing up a storm. Little did we know that ahead of us a certain commandant was listening in.

    "Reiner Braun. He possesses great mental and physical fortitude. His comrades trust him deeply. Y/n L/n. She genuinely wants to help all of her comrades. She possesses great quick-thinking skills and is a master at the ODM gear training" He thought to himself. Armin took up our challenge and quickly snatched his bag back and began to run. "Armin Arlert. While he lacks in physical strength, he makes up for it with extraordinary academic aptitude" He quietly reflected

~Time skip~

    I felt the wind snatch at my hair as I flew through the trees, my jacket's insignia rippled wildly in the wind and my mask pressed to my face from the flurry of wind. As my gear hissed quietly I could hear the loud caterwauls of my comrades only for the sounds to fade out as I made my way through the forest.

    I heard the creaking of wooden planks as a titan dummy suddenly appeared in my line of sight. I pressed the triggers on my blade handles down and sped up. I tensed my arms and shot past the titan, effectively ripping far enough into the nape. I wore a slight smile as I continued throughout the forest and tore into more dummies before beginning my galivant back to the starting point

~Time skip- Reiner's POV~

    "Forget all that, Look over there," I said turning to gazer at Annie and Y/n as they weaved their way through the duos that were currently fighting. "Oh, Annie and Y/n? As usual, She's good at slacking off without getting found out by the instructor. And she even dragged Y/n into her bad habits" Eren said standing beside me.

    "Okay Eren, I think those slackers need a lesson. Let's show them what soldiers strive to be" I said leading him towards the two girls. Y/n was talking animatedly about something before bumping into my chest.

~Back to Y/n's POV~

    We had moved onto the hand-to-hand combat part that wasn't being tested. I had enough luck to be partnered with Annie once again. Last time we were partnered she had taught me how to utilize my kicks. We roamed around as I cracked jokes and tugged my mask down and well she smiled ever so slightly. Nobody took this seriously so we just slacked off. I was chattering excitedly about all the different places I would see outside the walls once I joined the survey corps when I bumped into what I assumed the be a brick wall but upon closer inspection it was just Reiner looming over the both of us.

    "You two looking for a headbutt from the instructor? If you don't wanna get any shorter or scrawnier, I suggest you recall your first day here and get serious." He rambled on, pressing our buttons as Annie's face turned angry and grim and my lips twisted into a mildly unpleasant scowl. "Hey isn't that a little harsh" Eren intervened.