2

~AETHER'S POV~

I stared at the brown-haired Outrider, who currently had her gloved hands on her hips. "What are you talking about? This is my Nuna," I grumbled, annoyed.

I had no idea why I felt so protective, as if I had known her before. It was quite possible, as I didn't remember much after I fell...

"Hey, are you Amber?" Paimon asked, attempting to diffuse the tension. When 'Amber' nodded, Paimon sighed and explained, "Nuna asked us to bring her to you."

Amber visibly relaxed. "Then I guess... I could escort you to Mondstadt. And, perhaps, you shall require a wind glider."

"That would be wonderful, thank you."

~<>~

"Here we are. This is Mondstadt- the city of Anemo and freedom!" Amber exclaimed, happy to be back home.

"Ah, we have reached already?"

Everyone flinched when they heard the slightly squeaky voice. Nuna sighed and requested they have lunch without issues.

"The air here is lively," Paimon commented. "What kind of foods do you have here in Mondstadt?"

"Ah, in Mondstadt we have plenty of tasty food! We've got Sticky Honey Roast, Radish-Veggie Soup- and oh! I can't forget that luxurious drink Unnie made to keep the hard workers awake... I think it was called 'coffee'. Coffee beans can be produced here in Mondstadt. However, other regions too have their own style of coffee beans. Unnie, would you like to explain?"

"I do not think my voice is suited for that yet, dear," Celeste bobbed her head. "However, after I meet the Statue of Barbatos in front of the church, I may look more human. For now, I will use the temporary form."

"Let's eat, and go there right away then!" Paimon squealed, eager to learn about more foods.

"I agree, I'm hungry," I rubbed my stomach, hoping it wouldn't growl and embarrass me.

Amber stared at us, because we looked like we didn't give a shit about Celeste becoming human by meeting a statue.

~<>~

After a stomach-filling meal of Sticky Honey Roast and Chicken-Mushroom Skewers, we ran into a tall, official-cloth-wearing man. This man had dark skin, unlike the other pale Mondstadters. He had deep-blue hair with a streak of paler hair, styled messily at the moment. He wore an eyepatch and a clean, fluffy fur coat. He seemed to like blue a lot. He had a Cryo vision hanging from his waist, like Amber.

He nodded at me and Paimon, smiled at Amber, and then...

"Nuna?" he whispered, quite in shock.

"Hello, Kaeya Alberich," Nuna waved her small, paw-like hand. "Care to accompany me?"

"Well, I cannot miss this fine opportunity."

"I'll take that as a yes. Traveler, wait here a moment."

There she was, back in her Abyss Mage form- small, cute, and fluffy, tightly holding on to her mage's staff for a sense of security.

Everything happened too quick for me to react, so there I was left in the dust.

Nuna seems to be popular...

I decided to walk around Mondstadt before I went to Amber for my glider. I looked at the peaceful city of freedom, admiring the stalls and shops. Paimon drooled at the thought of all the delicious fruits one of the sellers displayed. I bought a few Sunsettia for her, and munched on a spare Chicken-Mushroom Skewer myself. Suddenly, Paimon pulled my hair and pointed in the distance, where a vaguely human shape could be seen. The shape was only a little taller than Paimon, and floated just like her too. Rabbit ears could be found on their head...

It was Celeste!

"Unnie, could you tell us about coffee beans now? Just while we walk to Amber and the gliding exam?? Pretty please???" Paimon begged, eager to know about this new food- or drink.

"No comments?" giggled Nuna, her voice now a melodious, rich tone. However, it was still a little high-pitched. "Don't mind it- I'll tell you about the coffee beans from any three nations for now."

"Therae, I'll pick one and you pick the other. Mondstadt's beans are a given." Paimon was very serious about this- because, after all, it was food. "I'll pick... Inazuma. That electro land."

"Hm, I guess Liyue? It's our next stop, anyway."

"Wonderful choices- now, come on. Keep up with both my tale and my speed; we don't want to be late for the exam, now do we?" Celeste giggled once more, floating forwards with a smooth, quick air.

"Mondstadt's beans are very commonly found in high, windy areas, like Starsnatch Cliff- where the wind smoothens the beans to an almost perfect shape. The beans are a rich brown, and the coffee makes you feel light and energetic. It produces a wind-caressed feel to the tongue and improves even Master Diluc's mood. However, the best quality of wind-touched beans are found near the large 'Vanessa's Tree'; which is why the beans are said to be in memory of the Archon's friends."

"That actually sounds amazing- could we try it sometime!?" Paimon squealed.

"Ufufu~ I'll bring you to Diona's, then... let's continue.

Liyue has this hardened, rock-like bean, but the coffee produced looks like liquified amber. It tastes much sweeter than the usually slightly bitter coffee, like candy, and is preferred for first-timers. These beans are seen in the highlands, where the Adepti live- and are usually found near the Adeptal amber scattered around. It is also favored by the Qixing and Adepti. They say even Rex Lapis likes it- hence, during the summoning ceremony, an abundance of this coffee can be seen."

"Summoning ceremony?" I asked.

"Yes- every year, the Geo Archon descends in the form of a dragon and advises his people in the form of prophecies."

"Oh, that's good to know! I hope when we visit we'll be in time for the ceremony..." Paimon suddenly snapped her fingers and squealed. "AH! WE KEEP INTERRUPTING YOU- PLEASE CONTINUE! THIS IS REALLY INFORMATIVE!!!"

"...be quiet, Paimon, you're bursting everyone's eardrums," I grumbled. "Please continue."

"Ufufu, I shall.

Inazuma's beans are paler- the coffee is a purple-ish shade. The beans have darker veins all over them, which makes them look like they are struck by lightning- which they are. They give your tongue quite a shock when first tried, but barely zap if you're used to the electrifying taste. These grow mostly near Thunder Sakuras, the Electro rift in Tatarasuna, and other places with abundance of electro energy. The Raiden Shogun quite likes this type of coffee herself, making it popular-

Ah! We've reached- I can see Amber!"

"Aww..." Paimon pouted.

"It's alright- we'll continue this another time!" Celeste smiled at me. "You don't want to be late for your gliding exam, do you~?"

I'm writing this at 00:15 in the morning. what

I've had exams, sorry- my iPad was confiscated, this is being done on my laptop UnU

*sniff*

GET READY FOR A WHOLE TWIST IN THE NEXT CHAP THO

i think

IAM