[003]

-
it was the day of the drive-in.
i changed to new clothes.
i changed to a grey, soft, long sleeved shirt.

i wore tight jeans.
i looked at myself in the mirror for a few seconds. i took the jeans off.
these are the jeans that Ray says makes me look slutty.

i put on baggy, light jeans.
i put on a headband and looked at myself. the things Ray called me would rush to my head.

"your head is so big."
"your hair is always so messy."
"you always look so sleepy."
"everything you wear is slutty."
"you're gonna be a whore once you grow up."
"you always dress up for boys."
"it's too showy, you look slutty."
"you look slutty in those jeans."
"you might aswell roam around naked."
"you don't have one bit of self love. you're aware you're a cunt, aren't you."
"you're just jealous she has your dream features."
"i should've dated that girl, not you."
"gosh, you've fucking ruined me."

i choked back tears before rushing down to the door, as Lori and Lynn waited for me.
"he's waiting outside, lets go." Lori said. she grabbed the house keys and we headed out, she locked the door.

Amy was there aswell.
she had off shoulder white small shirt with a black cardigan and jeans.
"she pulls it off better than you." i heard rays voice say. he said it to me, september 20th 1982, in the school hallway next to locker 294 at 2:34PM as a girl with a tight, white shirt and jeans walked past us.

"Y/N? you alright?" Bruce said.
"Yes, i just zoned out." i said. Bruce nodded and we walked over to the car. His dad was driving it.

they drove slowly over to the drive in.
the dad let us out and sent us to get snacks, to prepare the trunk.
as he prepared the trunk i got out and went to grab chips, drinks and candy.

Lorelai, Lynn, Amy and Bruce came with me.
"I'll go get chips with Lorelai. Lynn wanted to get drinks, so you and bruce can get candy."
Amy said, I nodded. Bruce took my hand and lead me to the snack bar

"So Amy and Dad like these, just pick out whatever you, Lynn and Lorelai like." Bruce told me, I nodded.
i picked out what my sisters liked, and just took a few of what i liked.
i placed it in the basket and tapped bruce's shoulder gently, gesturing that i'm done.

We walked over to the car and we were the first ones there. "Hey! I'm gonna use the restroom first. I'll be back." Bruces dad said, before rushing to the bathroom.

we both sat on the trunk. i scooted to the back and moved my legs to quit taking up space.
Bruce sat next to me and fixed his hair. His hair looked fluffy.

"can i touch your hair?" i muttered. he looked at me.
"what?" he said.

"can i touch your hair?" i said, a bit louder. he smiled and chuckled, he gently gripped onto my hand and placed it onto his head.
i gently scratched his head and smiled. it was really soft. he started giggling lightly.

"what's wrong?" i smiled. "it tickles." he chuckled, i laughed.
i started tickling him more, he rolled onto his back laughing.

we both laughed and he slapped my hand off, he chuckled and sat up.
Lorelai ran to the truck. "i'm sorry." she said, she closed the trunk.

"what the hell?" i said, i looked out the window and bruce was concerned.
i saw the side window and saw Raymond talking to Lynn.

"oh my god" i muttered quietly.
"what happened?" he asked.

"raymond. raymond is here." i said.
"the boyfriend?" he asked again. i nodded.

"that guy follows you around, it's like he's stalking you." he muttered.
out in the distance Lynn was fighting with Raymond.

"She's. Not. Here!" Lynn shouted, Raymond clenched his fist.
"I know she's here, dipshit." He said.

Lynn grunted. "She isn't. She didn't want to watch this movie." She told him, looking straight in his eyes in anger.

"She loves these movies. I know it." Raymond grunted.
"Well she doesn't like this one, leave us alone!" Lynn shouted, Raymond slapped her and she landed on her palms on the street.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Lorelei screamed, she attacked Raymond and slapped him but he pushed her off and punched her cheek.

"LORELAI! LYNN!" I screamed, banging from the inside of the trunk. Bruce immediately checked outside to see what's happening.

Amy slapped Raymond but he pushed and attacked her.

"AMY!" He shouted. I climbed over to the front seat and unlocked the doors.

I ran to the trunk and unlocked it for Bruce, then ran to Raymond, Amy, Lynn and Lori.

I tackled Raymond from behind and pushed him down.

"Y/N!" Lori shouted.

I turned him around and slapped him but he punched my face  and I tumbled back. He punched me in the stomach.

I coughed and ran out of breath. Lori ran to Raymond but he blocked her.

"You told me she isn't here!" He shouted.

"WELL WE FUCKING LIED!" Lynn shouted, wiping herself.

"Why? Why the fuck did you lie?" Ray muttered.

Lorelai lost her temper.
"CAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING PSYCHOPATH!" Lorelai screamed.
Raymond went silent.

"EVERY FUCKING DAY, Y/N'S DAY IS RUINED BECAUSE OF YOU!" Lorelai screamed.

"EVERY FUCKING NIGHT, I PRAY FOR HER TO BE OUT OF YOUR FUCKING CHOKEHOLD. YOU ARE NOT A GOOD BOYFRIEND. YOU ARE A PSYCHOPATH." Lorelai yelled at Raymond, Tears streaming down her cheeks.

She started sobbing.

Ray stood still.

Everyone did.

Lynn clenched her fist. She looked at her palm to see it was bleeding.
A chunk of skin from her palm scraped off from the road.

Her hand started shaking lightly. She looked at Raymond.

"If you don't fucking break up with y/n, I will fucking cut you." Lynn said, she stood up and walked back to the trunk.

Lorelai followed Lynn. Amy grabbed my hand and helped me to the trunk, Bruce trailed after us.

Lorelai was bandaging Lynn's palm.
Bruce's dad ran to the car. "I heard screaming. What happened."

"It's personal." Amy said.

"Well, are you okay? Do you want me to drive me home? Or do you still want to watch the movie." Their dad said.

"It's alright, we'll watch." Lorelai said, Bruce's dad nodded and sat in the back with us.

Bruce tapped my shoulder gently. I looked to him.

"Are you okay?" He muttered. I shrugged.

He stared at me for a few seconds.
"Do you ne-" I said,
He hugged me.

He just suddenly hugged me. But I liked it. I felt safe.

I hugged him back. He smiled and let me go.
"I'm sorry about Raymond." He said. I smiled back.

"It's alright."
-