2. Home Sweet Home

JJ's pov
We're having dinner. Kiara's mother has started crying again, but not as loudly as when she took her daughter in her arms the first time tonight. There is some tension, but for now it remains calm. It is only nine o'clock when we decide to go to bed. Kiara's parents don't want her to leave again, but us staying isn't an option either. Pope takes Cleo home and Sarah and John B stay at his place. I'll have to go home. We say our goodbyes and I hug them all tightly. I hold Kie just a little bit longer.
"Thank you for saving me", I say.  "Always", she answers. "Good night, princess", I say as I walk out the door.

I'm just in bed after a hot shower when I hear someone stumble in.  I recognize this sound all too well, I stuff some clean clothes in a backpack before he can detect me and climb out the window. Apparently I wasn't quiet enough, because when I put it on the run I hear Luke scream at me: "What are you doing here, boy. I will indeed run fast and never come back!"  This time I was out in time. Not knowing what I run into if I go to John B's I decide to go to Kie. When I'm there I throw pebbles against the dark window.  Then the lights turn on.

Kiara's pov
I'm lying in the dark staring at the ceiling when I hear noises against the window. I turn on the light and look outside, it's JJ. I open the window and watch him climb in. "Sorry, the old man was home," he says with a smile on his face. "Hope I didn't wake you up." I wanted to pretend I was angry, but his smile made it impossible. "Can I crash here?" he asked. I sat down on the bed and gestured to the seat next to me.  "Slumber party?", I said smiling. He took off his shoes and laid down next to me. "Hey, slide over, that's my side of the bed", I said while I gave him a shove.

Focusing on his breathing, I fell asleep.  That night I dreamed about our surf trip, just the two of us on the beach having fun. I woke up confused, looking at the time on my phone I realized it was 2am.  Then I noticed his arm around my waist and got a weird feeling in my stomach. I decided to leave it as it was and fell asleep again. When I woke up the next morning, he was gone.

I met my parents downstairs for breakfast, I got a serious look from my mom.  "Kie, can we talk?"  This couldn't mean anything good.  I told them the whole story yesterday, everything was okay then. Maybe they found out JJ stayed over. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again," I said quickly. I sat down at the kitchen table.  "Indeed it won't happen again, your father and I have talked and the decision is made.  You will go to boarding school." I looked at Dad with a hopeful look, but there was silence.  I knew it could happen, I just hoped it wouldn't.  "When am I going to have to leave?"  I asked disappointed.  "Sunday," Dad said, "So in four days."  I felt tears prick my eyes, but I didn't want to give them the satisfaction. I knew going against it wouldn't work.  "I'm going to have breakfast at John B's," I said quickly and left my house. How am I going to tell my friends, especially JJ?