break up prank (requested)

"What's going on with you today?" Yerim asked as you sat down beside her in bed. "I don't understand why you're so quiet. You're not acting like yourself."

She tried to pull you into her arms and hold you close as a heavy sigh fell from your lips, but you just pulled away and continued to sit in silence.

"What's on your mind?" She asked as she brushed her hand across your shoulder.

Usually, her touch would comfort you.

But today, you weren't finding comfort in that.

Something was on your mind.

Or, at least, you pretended that something was on your mind.

"I don't know how to say it. It's hard for me."

"Baby, I'm here to listen, no matter what it is. You can tell me."

You couldn't look her in the eyes as you prepared to say the words out loud.

"I think we should break up."

The words took Yerim by complete surprise.

She would've guessed that many other things were on your mind before this.

It seemed so off and so out of nowhere.

For Yerim, it made no sense at all.

"Where's this coming from?" She asked with a scoff. "Break up? For what?"

"I just don't know if this is working out anymore."

"Why? Things haven't ever been better between us! Look at us, baby. We're thriving. We have our own apartment, we're talking about spending the rest of our lives together, we're in love. Why would ever need to break up?"

You hung your head as Yerim stood up and breathed out a long, tired sigh.

"Is it because of how busy I've been? The comeback, the tour, the late nights, and early mornings? I can change that."

"No, Yerim, it's not that and you shouldn't change that for me when this is your dream." You said. "I just think it's what we need."

"You can't be serious." She muttered as she shook her head. "This better be some stupid prank or something because I'm not breaking up. I'm not going to lose you."

You looked up at her, smiling slightly over how unwilling she was to let you go.

"You're not wrong."

"What do you mean?" She asked. "Are you saying it's not real? It's a prank?"

You nodded and she groaned as she placed her hands over her face.

"Y/N, I hate pranks." She huffed. "That was mean! Why would you do that?"

"I don't know." You said. "My friends have done it to their partners. They said I should do it to you to see your reaction."

"That's stupid and I'm going to be having a talk with your friends because that was mean." She grumbled and you chuckled before opening your arms.

She sighed before walking to you and sitting down before she hugged you.

"You're lucky that I love you." She mumbled. "I'm so getting you back for this."

"I so deserve it." You said and she just nodded, making you smile a little. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

"I'm holding you to that." She said.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She said as she held you a little tighter although she was plotting her revenge already.