Welcome to Night City

Talking
"Thoughts"
Whisper
Info
Author
[Phone call]

Y/n Pov

The first thing I see after going through the portal is me staring at myself in the mirror like every other beginning in the game, obviously the first two things I hear in the background are wrenching and country music. Now of course I don't want to get a clan killed because I wanted to get to Jackie quicker, so I rip off the patch and toss it to the side as the mechanic working on my car started talking.

Mechanic: Electric coupling module.

Y/n: And you said 'it was nothing serious' when I came in, said you were sure about it.

Mechanic: Well I guess I was wrong about it then. Of course you could always just try to go find another mechanic who would be willing to fix your car.

As the mechanic was done talking, I turned away from the mirror and start to walk towards my car so I can deal with it myself.

Mechanic: Of course they will ask why a lone nomad why he's hugging the border.

Y/n: Then step aside, I'll deal with it myself.

Pushing the mechanic aside, I go to the engine to deal with the damn thing. Once I get to the engine to examine it to find the coupling module. Once I locate the coupling module, I pull it out so that I can rig the hotwire.

Y/n: Gonna rig a hotwire till I can get a new one.

Mechanic: That's gonna cause the compressor to run on and off. Could cause the engine to seize up.

Once I was done bypassing the module, I set away from the engine and look at the mechanic with a face that screamed "Did I ask If I gave a fuck?"

Y/n: *sarcasticly* Damn, that's gonna suck... welp, lets see if this blood turd starts.

As I was done with the sarcasm, I walk toward the driver side door and get in the car. Once in the car I pump the gas a couple of times and push the ignition button and after a couple of tries it started right up. As the car started up the mechanic walked over to the hood of the car and shut it.

Mechanic: Not too shabby. Question is how lone will it last ya?

Y/n: Should last long enough to get me to Night City. Once there I might be able to find one from an abandoned car. Before I head out, did a man by the name of Jackie Welles come through here?

After asking the mechanic the question, he shook his head no. Before I could ask him about anything else the garage door opened to reveal the walking asshole, that is the sheriff, walked in as I close my door.

Sheriff: Hey Mike, didn't know you had a customer...

Mechanic: Uh, ro-rolled in a few hours past. I... I thought that he would have at least called into ya.

Sheriff: Don't you sweat it, Mike. We're just gonna hash it out.

As the sheriff started to walk over to my car, I knew how this would play out so I had two options. Option A, I can annoy this guy to get kicked out quicker or B, Drive off while playing Two Trucks. Unfortunately, I don't know if Lemon Demon exists here nor do I think I can at least PonPon Shit with this shitty antenna. Out of my thoughts, the sheriff is now leaning against my car.

Sheriff: Don'tcha know you owe the sheriff a word when you pay his town a visit? You can at least tell him what brought ya here, maybe even talk about it over a cup of coffee?

Y/n: I could've but I thought 'Would it be worth it if I would be gone in a few hours anyway?'. So my mistake.

Sheriff: Right, always some failure hind mistakes.