World 3. Tatanga's Space Pyramid

They were right outside the futuristic pyramid of Tatanga's. If they didn't know any better, it looked like a spaceship shaped like a cone. Daisy takes the charge again because she had to deal with this alien menace. There didn't seem to be any hostages here in this pyramid. Only robotic versions of Sarasaland's enemies. After coming across and beating Petey Piranha and Naval Piranha, it looked like they were getting close to the heart of the pyramid. They see Captain Toad his Toad Brigade getting attacked by Motley Bossblob and rescue them, and discover a new toad in the crew, whom Blankey recognises. His name was Toadaniel the crusader, exploring other kingdoms looking for uncovered treasure and making maps as he goes along. So he never gets himself lost, but does walk in circles from time to time. Captain Toad had met and befriended him. Toadaniel was pleased to make their majesties' acquaintance, saying Bowser doesn't scare him and will be ready to stand up to the Koopa King when he has the chance. He managed to escape his clutches and search for help, which is how he bumped into the Toad Brigade and offered to show them around. He tells the princesses of someone in captivity where he escaped to get help. Blankey started to meow in worry because of that person. It turns out this island is actually a kingdom known as Isle Islando, and the resort is built right over it. So Peach tells the others they need to free not just Mario, but whoever the real ruler is here and show the Koopa King who really runs this place. Before leaving, Toadaniel offers to guide them to where they need to go if they ever see him again.

The princesses find a snowy area in the pyramid, which seemed odd for a place like this. To get across the ice, they slip and slide using the Penguin Suit, Ice Skates and Ice Flower. Carrying on, the Hisstocrats, Boss Brolder, King Ka-thunk and Prince Bully are defeated and they make it to the pyramid's core. And there was Tatanga managing the controls. He was expecting them, thanks to Bowser. So they're here to ruin their vacation. The lumas suddenly saw he had taken their observatory and prepares to make it his own and alert their mother, which angers her. So, with Tatanga activating a special battle ship, the princesses and their buddies battle the alien and eventually eject him out of his own pyramid. But he wasn't done yet. He takes the observatory for himself, much to Rosalina's dismay. So it seemed they had to take a bit of a detour.