08 : learning

san is having a really good day today.

he doesn't have good days very often. and if he does, like right now, say, it's a massively rare occurrence. something always seems to go wrong, no matter the occasion, whether it be at home or at school. it's almost a routine, a must in san's life.

but today? today, san is certain nothing could possibly tarnish his day. absolutely nothing. not when wooyoung is by his side, their shoulders accidentally nudging now and again, as they head to seonghwa's place.

oh, yeah — san is taking wooyoung to meet seonghwa today!

to be completely fair and honest with himself, san hasn't yet thought this through properly. or at all, it could very well be argued. perhaps out of apprehension and fear. but, ultimately, when wooyoung accompanied san at lunch again, asked if he had any plans, then proceeded to inquire if he could tag along, san knew there wasn't any way he could say no to him.

he wonders if that's how everyone in wooyoung's life feels about the boy.

back to the chase — apprehension and fear. yeah, not the most glorious of feelings.

san can't imagine either wooyoung or seonghwa choosing to pick a fight with the other; wooyoung seems incredibly excited about the invitation, the opportunity to make yet another friend having him bouncing on his feet, and san thinks he knows seonghwa well enough to decide that his heart is too golden to engage in anything hateful, even if they show up at his place unannounced. on top of that, san runs his mouth so amazingly much about his friend to seonghwa that, if anything, he should be just as thrilled as wooyoung is.

something, however, something pesky and irritating mauling at the walls of san's mind is fully committed to convince him to believe that wooyoung and seonghwa will just not get along. that the most important people in his life will end up loathing each other, and he'll eventually be stuck to choose between the two. choose between his star and his moon.

san really, really wouldn't like to do that. not in this life or the next.

san's steps slow down as they reach seonghwa's store, somewhat uncertainly. while he breathes a sigh of relief at the sign labelled closed dangling from the entrance, wooyoung gasps, marvelling at the chic exterior.

the sincerity of the sound courses an intense feeling of pride through san, for his older cousin, this almost smug kind. seonghwa has quite an eye for all things pretty, naturally so. whilst in high school, the boy was ineffably passionate in design and textiles, and for as long as san remembers he'd been aspiring for a university course in the department. that was, before he had to drop out.

"woah! is this it?" wooyoung exclaims, head tilted up at the purple-bluish banner. he reads it aloud, a quiet murmur to himself, "cloud nine."

nodding yes, san bites anxiously at the flesh of his lip.

"it's so pretty, sannie," wooyoung says, gleaming. he sounds like he means it, too.

san gulps awkwardly. "yeah."

he doesn't know what wooyoung is expecting, but what he does know is that seonghwa's... goods, for lack of a better word, couldn't possibly align with his predictions: that is simply a given.