10 : losing

TW: physical abuse & very harsh, demeaning language.

san is indescribably relieved it's beginning to get dark when he starts making his way home from wooyoung's place. he's grinning so astonishingly wide that, if it weren't for the lack of daylight, any passer-by would take just one look at him and assume he's some sort of psychopath to beware. because what kind of fool smiles this hard to themselves during a lone walk?

if anything, san would agree with such an assumption. he surely feels like a fool, a tremendously smitten fool, at that. he thinks he can still feel the tingling of wooyoung's lips on his skin, the warmth of wooyoung's embrace before he waved him goodbye.

it's safe to say, san's birthday wish came true.

he jumps in alert at the abrupt vibration that tickles his thigh. reaching for his phone, san smiles for the umpteenth time.

woo 🌙
hey sani!

me
hii :D

woo 🌙
are u home yet?

me
nope
still walking!!

woo 🌙
u sure u should be on ur phone then?
i don't want anything to happen to u

me
relax wooyoung
i'm not going to die

woo 🌙
u said that on the day we first met too

me
yeah and i was right :p
instead i made it eighteen years so i don't think you need to worry

woo 🌙
i'm glad you've made it this far
becoming friends w u is truly one of the best things to ever happen to me

me
you exaggerate too much

woo 🌙
who says i'm exaggerating?

me
i do

woo 🌙
well i'm not
trust me
i really like being ur friend sani

me
i really like being your friend too 😸
i mean you are my only friend but i wouldn't ever want it to be anyone else!!!
i can't imagine anyone being as good as you

woo 🌙
you're too cute

me
i'm not!!!!
i'm sorry wooyoung but i have to go now

woo 🌙
ahh that's okay bub
don't be sorry

me
i'll try text u in a bit! :]]

woo 🌙
yeah sure
i'll see u then sani <3

san thinks he might be blushing.

slipping his phone back into his pocket, he hoists up onto the windowsill of one of their sitting rooms. grip skilful, he lifts his body weight with his palms and, after trekking up the uneven bricks, slides onto the sill of his bedroom window. san rests his head against the cool pane, and takes a long, deep breath. then, he gets to moving again.

the faster he is, the better — the lesser chance of getting caught. san hasn't had a day as good as this in years, getting in trouble now would candidly be unfair.