𝒗𝒊𝒊. The White Stag

✩˚ *·ヽ

𝕮𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉CHAPTER SEVEN, The White Stag

𝕮𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉
CHAPTER SEVEN, The White Stag

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"Princess!" he yelled, "Lady Hightower!"

Once they were in the woods they started to ride faster. Ser Criston didn't seem to give up at all. He was getting closer as we both almost reached the lake.

Finally, he was able to grab their reigns and Clarisse clung to Rhaenyra to keep herself from falling off the horse.

Rhaenyra looked at him in surprise as if finding him here with them was the most unexpected thing.

"What happened back there?" Criston spoke, his voice breathless as he talked to the two women.

"My father..." she laughed breathlessly, "Trying to sell me off to Jason Lannister...Was I named heir to the Iron Throne, so that I might only further raise the standing of a Lord of Casterly Rock?"

"Do you want me to kill him?" Criston asked.

"Feel free to do so," Clarisse started with no hesitation. Criston smiled back at the Lady Hightower.

"We should return to camp, Princess, and Lady," he told them.

"It's a beautiful day." Rhaenyra shook her head, "We should take in the Kingswood."

"It is a beautiful day isn't it?" Clarisse admired the greenery. Rhaenyra admired the brunette's beauty over her shoulder. Even Criston seemed to glance at Clarisse. The way her hazel green eyes seem to brighten in the forests.

"I suppose we can stay," he said in amusement.

They start to ride their horses slowly, implying taking in the forest around them.

"Were you ever betrothed, Ser Criston?" Rhaenyra asked him.

"I had an adventurous youth when my father served at Blackhaven to be sure. But my station was never high enough for a formal betrothal." he told them, "Before I spoke my vows as a knight of the Kingsguard, I could've married a common-born girl had I wished. What of yourself, Lady Hightower? Your father seemed rather serious before you got on the Princesse's horse and escaped." Criston asked, noticing how the Hand of The King was rather furious.

"Call me Clarisse, Ser Criston. My father wants me to find a match by the time I am one and nine. Perhaps I'll be lucky if I manage to stay unmarried longer. But if I don't find a match, he'll make it." Clarisse rolled her eyes at the thought of getting married.

Rhaenyra felt a pit of sadness and fear for Clarisse. The last thing she wanted was for Clary to be separated from her.

"He can't just do that ━ " Rhaenyra began but stopped. "We'll figure out a way."