Chapter 10

Sayanna woke up to a sudden bang. She looked around as she forgot where she was. She realized she was on Erasmus' boat. She felt the boat rock back and forth. It felt more vigorous then before.

Sayanna tried to stand, holding onto the bed as she pushed herself up. The boat continued to rock back and forth almost making Sayanna fall. She made her way around the bed, still grasping to the frame tightly as she held her self up.

When she reached the door she pulled it open and stuck her head out. The sky was dark. She walked out still holding onto items nearby as the boat continued to sway back and forth with the waves.

Sayanna looked around. Parcels of goods were sliding in all different directions. One parcel came sliding towards Sayanna. She quickly jumped out of the way and almost lost her balance. She made her way towards the edge of the boat dodging parcels as they flew back and forth.

As she looked out onto the Avisan sea she saw land not too far from where they were. She wasn't sure if that was Alynthia or Usidean.

She turned around quickly as she had heard her name being called. Erasmus stood at the wheel of the boat turning the wheel in all different directions as he tried to stabilize the boat. She made her way up to him being as careful as she could.

As she reached Erasmus she pointed out towards land. "Is that Usidean?" She asked as she held on tight. Erasmus gave her a nod as he continued to try and stabilize the boat. "How long more?" Sayanna asked as she raised her voice a little more. The winds were screaming and the waves crashed on the sides of the boat.

"A few hours left" he said, almost screaming at Sayanna. She then looked at him as he struggled with the wheel. She then asked what was happening but she already had a fairly good idea of what his answer was. "Around these parts of the Avisan sea there are major storms that hit these waters" he yelled. "This is all normal though. Nothing to worry your pretty little head about." He smiled towards Sayanna.

She smiled back as she accepted his compliment. She stood with him for what about an hour as Erasmus continued to make his way through the storm. As they reached closer to shore the winds got surprisingly stronger.

Sayanna began making her way back towards her room. Parcels still flew back and forth. She dodged them as she approached the side of the boat. Even though the winds were strong she took in the view of Usidean. It was more beautiful than she originally thought.

Right as she turned however she slipped on water from the rain. She fell hard as her head hit the floor. Before she could get up a parcel came sliding straight towards her. She hadn't noticed it as she was rubbing her head. Before she knew it the parcel hit her straight in the head. She layed there as the pain rushed towards her head. Her eyes fluttered. Everything around her began to fade. She heard Erasmus call her name and then everything went dark.