Chapter 12

The sun began to rise the next day. Beams of light poked through the curtains that hung over the big window across from the bed. Sayanna began to stir. She turned over. The light from the window shown on her face causing her to wake.

As she opened her eyes the light almost blinded her. She closed her eyes again, rubbing her eyes. She shifts a little out of the light. Her head was pounding. It felt like a hammer hitting her skull. She reached up and grabbed her head. She felt the bandages wrapped around her head. She winced as she rubbed her fingers lightly against the bandages, reaching the spot of her wound.

She closed her eyes again, rubbing them. She hadn't remembered how she had gotten the bandages or what was wrong with her head. Her head was pounding her and she felt a little dizzy. She saw a glass of water on the nightstand next to her and grabbed it. Chugging the water she felt really dehydrated.

As she finished the glass of water the knob on the door began to turn. She panicked as she didn't know who it was. She pulled the sheets up to her shoulders, trying to cover her torso. The door opened. The man came into the room and stood at the foot of the bed. The same man from before, although Sayanna had never seen him before. Or had she. She couldn't remember.

The man stepped a little closer. His face was a little rugged. His jaw chiseled and square. His eyes were a bright blue, round and deep. His nose, perfectly proportional with the rest of his face. He stood rather tall over the bed. Sayanna guessed maybe 6 feet. His tanned skin contained minor scars here and there.

Sayanna looked him in the face. He watched her curiously as she sat there, confused with the situation. "What is your name?" He asked. His voice deep and questioning. Sayanna looked at him. She opened her mouth to answer but couldn't. She didn't remember her name at all.

"I-I don't remember" she said quizzically. The man just started at her. He couldn't believe it. Was this a part of their ploy? He wasn't sure if he could believe her. A mysterious woman from the enemy's kingdom, who could blame him. He thought about his next question.

"Where did you come from?" He asked. She had to know that at least. Sayanna looked up at him again, her eyebrows scrunching up trying to think of the answer. Her mind was blank. Nothing came to mind. Nothing was there from before she had awaken.

She shrugged her shoulders, letting out a deep breath. She shook her head, immediately regretting that. She felt dizzy again, almost tipping over. The man jumped to catch her. She caught herself so the man was left with his hand out. Awkwardly he pulled his hand back to his side.

A knock came from the door and seconds later was pushed open. The doctor entered the room. Bowing towards the man he asked if he was interrupting anything. The man shook his head no and stepped out of the way. The doctor walked around to Sayannas side of the bed. Sayanna watched as the man stepped out of the room. As the door closed her mind jumped back to the doctor. He began checking her head. And asking her questions.

The questions were similar to what the man was asking before. What's your name, where were you coming from? Getting tired of questions she didn't know the answer to, she decided to it ask her own question. "Who was that man?" She asked. The doctor looked at her with a puzzling look.

"That is King Cassian of the Kingdom of Usidean."