Chapter 3

Sayanna froze, her breath caught in her throat. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. She was left dumbfounded at them.

Sayanna hadn't realized her shock was noticed. She had gasped and stumbled when she finally came to her senses. She looked back through the door and noticed everything went silence. She saw Theoden and Eloise had froze as well, both looking straight at the door.

Sayanna saw this and had a silent panick attack. She quickly slid to the other side of the door. She was too late. Theoden was already near the door.

He peered out the door. Left first then right and that's when he saw her. Theoden grabbed Sayannas arm and dragged her into the room. She struggled as she was pulled from behind the door. Theoden dropped her near Eloise and Sayanna quickly fumbled to stand up. Eloise took a couple steps back leaving Sayanna right in front of the angry Theoden.

The King looked Sayanna dead in the eyes and smiled. " You may not speak a word of any of this" he said angrily with a hint of desperation.

Sayanna, with as much strength as she could, slapped the king. He however didn't feel it. Although Sayanna was strong, it wasn't enough to injure Theoden. Theoden gave her a sinister grin before raising his hand and slapping her hard upon her face.

Sayanna fell to the ground her head hitting the floor. Eloise bent over her, checking her pulse. "She's alive, but unconscious", said Eloise.

Theoden picked Sayanna up and laid her down on their bed. "Eloise! Get out! I'll deal with you later" he shouted. He didn't look up at her. He still stood bent over Sayanna, fixing the sheets and pillows of the bed.

"B-but... what about our problem." Eloise said, trembling near the entrance of the door.

"Get rid of it" said Theoden through gritted teeth.

"B-but sir. I-I can't. This is my child" said Eloise, fumbling with her words. "If that child is born, it will be born out of wedlock! Get rid of it. Now leave, I shall deal with you later".  Theoden almost screamed . He still hadn't look up at her.

Eloise stood frozen near the door. She was unsure if she should fight more or surrender and loose the fight. Ultimately she decided to stay and fight for her child.

Eloise turned around and, with the strength she had, yelled at Theoden. He turned around in the blink of an eye. He wasn't sure how to respond.

He looked from Sayanna to Eloise then back to Sayanna. He was confused and flustered. He loved his wife but he loved the power he held as king more. He was stuck between two families and completely unsure of what his next steps were.

"Go" he said, in a more calm voice, to Eloise who still stood starring at the unconscious Sayanna. She was pulled out of her state and turned to look at Theoden.

"B-but...", she tried to retaliate but was cut short as Theodens gaze moved from Sayanna to Eloise. Frustration was painted across his face. With no control of his next moves he screamed in Eloise's direction.

"Go!! I will deal with it tomorrow".

Eloise stood there. She hesitated and was scared to even move. She was on the verge of crying. Before she could, she turned on her heal and walked out of the room, leaving Theoden staring at the empty doorway.