Chapter 3 -Bang

PuruPuru PuruPuru Kachank

      "This is militia station 09, how can I help you?"

      "Is this Sabo?" His tone sounded questionable but in a light-hearted childlike mind.

      "Luffy?" I pull my face downwards. "I thought I told you not to call this number during work hours."

      "Kolby called me and said you were hungry." Kolby activity avoids my glare. "Nami's planning a party today at the Going Merry, you should come and have fun with us." As annoying as he was, he certainly knew how to make me feel loved.

      "I'll make time to come over today after my shift." I rest against my desk with the snail on my palm.

      "You promise? I'll be calling Kolby to make sure you still come over! Bye!" He shouts out. Leaving me zero time to respond. Kolby pretends to be busy as if he wasn't eavesdropping on my brother and I's conversation.

      "You're lucky that you're good at your job."

      Later that day—the sun had set and you couldn't even call it day— I had been slowly rushed out of the station. By none other than the mulish Kolby. We walked towards the club. Fresh snow is still falling over our fur coats. Coming up ahead was a flashing sign saying "Going Merry" in bright orange. It was a simple pub with high prices. But Luffy always managed to befriend people in ways that benefited him. And in this case, his wallet.

      The pub itself was well made and was made out of bricks. The appearance of the place was darker than a bar. And smelled of wet stone and alcohol. Luffy and his friends sat in the middle of the pub. He always loved to catch people's attention.

      "Sabo! Over here. Shishishi." His smile stretched farther than what his mouth should allow. But in a warm and inviting way. A way that forced one to smile back just as big.

       Kolby and I walked over to the big table and sandwiched between Luffy and his long-nosed friend. "What's the celebration?" I ask.

      "I just felt like partying. And I wanted you to come as well." He reached over my shoulder and yanked me into him. Even though Luffy never found the taste of alcohol appealing, it didn't stop him from having get-togethers at pubs and bars. "Hey, Sanji! More meat!" He demands.

      As if planned, a man with swirly brows and a suit—Sanji— busts through the swinging kitchen doors with a repulsed look. "Huh? Who said I'd get anything for you." He further ignores Luffy and walks straight to the ladies at the table.

      Kolby begins to loosen up to my brother's friends and even somewhat admires my brother. Not sure what he admires but I digest. "I'll go up and order you some meat, Luffy." I stand up and walk to the bar counter. I love my brother for thinking about me, but ever since... that time. I can't relax. Rather I won't allow myself to relax or else the pain drags and pulls at me.

      And just while I was ranting about needing and wanting distractions. I saw her. I knew when I first met her that it wouldn't be hard to pinpoint her out of a crowd. Her hair fell lightly around her face as if she was mythical. Her eyelashes were long and fanned up and down. But in her eyes. Oh her eyes. Those were the key figures on her face. It wasn't very long before I saw her. But I've never felt more welcomed looking into them. I don't think of myself as a poet or romantic. But words spilled and drooled out my mouth. (Y/N).

      I felt myself cringing and shivering at my thoughts. Now becoming repulsed at how quickly I thought of her in such a detailed way.

      She seemed worried and rushed. Her clothing wasn't fancy or lavish. Almost watered down in comparison to her rich lifestyle. She wore a thick scarf—that even though it didn't look drenched in money. Still, probably cost more than my paycheck— that covers her face from top to chin. Just barely hiding her clear skin. Her eyes darted everywhere. Just what is she doing here?