forty-nine

chapter forty-nine [ vecnas curse ]

chapter forty-nine
[ vecnas curse ]

"her body just, like, lifted up in the air and, uh, and she just, like, hung there. in the air. and her bones.....uh, she......her bones started to snap." eddie began explaining. jesus, that's violent.

".....her eyes, man. it....it was like there was something, like, inside her head, pulling. i-i didn't know what to do so i-i ran away. i left her there."

he looked so sad. it was really making melissa sad.

eddie then scoffed, "you all think i'm crazy, right?"

"no. no. we don't think you're crazy." dustin said.

"don't bullshit me, man!" eddie yelled, "i know how this sounds."

"we're not bullshitting you, eddie." melissa said. "we believe you." robin added, "look what, me and melissa here are about to tell you might be a little difficult....to take." dustin said, while mel nodded.

"okay..."

"you know how people say hawkins is.....cursed? they're not way off." dustin started, turning to mel. he knew she could explain because she's like been through it all.

"well, there's another world. a world hidden beneath hawkins. sometimes it bleeds into our own." melissa said.

"like ghosts and shit?" eddie questioned.

"there are some things worst than ghosts." max added. "these monsters from this other world...." dustin began, turning to mel again.

"......we thought they were gone. but they've come back before. that's why they needed to find you. if they're back again, they need to know." melissa spoke.

"that night, did you see anything?" robin asked, "dark particles, maybe?" max added on. eddie shook his head no. "it would almost look like dust, swirling dust." melissa chimed in.

"no, there was nothing you could see or, uh....or touch." eddie said.

"you know, i tried to wake her, man. she couldn't move. it was like she....she was in a trance or something."

"or under a spell." dustin said.

"a curse." eddie said back.

"vecnas curse." mel and dustin say at the same time.

"who's vecna?" steve asked, confused.