The Black Captains

The woods of Oromë, the greatest forest of Arda followed by the forests of Harad in the East of Middle-earth. It stretched from the Pass of Light to the foothills of the Hyarmentir mountain south of Aman.

It was a marvelous forest, the song of Oromë being felt within. Thick forests surrounded the arable lands and inhabited by multiple beasts. Oaks, chestnuts, firs, yews, hazel trees, all these trees rubbed shoulders in an inextricable abundance of greenery, surrounding caves and streams, as well as sumptuous clearings. Although Oromë hunted there regularly, the forest was teeming with animals of all kinds. Hares, deer, squirrels, life thrived inside.

And it was in this environment that Aiwendil decided to live, the elves called him Radagast the Brown, he had always preferred the company of animals to those of the elves, far from the problems of the world, for that he was not close to the other Maiars except Olorin and the Lady Yavanna who came to visit him from time to time.

But the problem with being an immortal Maia is that no matter how much you want to avoid them, trouble always finds you.

And this time the problems were of catastrophic proportions.

It started when Aiwendil saw the birds fleeing to the South, he went to the North in search of the origin of this commotion. After a week of travel where he saw more and more beasts fleeing in the opposite direction, he arrived at the top of a large hill overlooking the large forest, giving him a view spanning several places around. . In the distance he saw a titanic black cloud moving slowly through the forest. And smoke rose from the surrounding trees indicating a large fire. Aiwendil couldn't believe his eyes.

" What is this sorcery? »He saw the Ents of the forest heading towards the smoke, surely to stop what was happening there.

He too set off again in the direction of the smoke. After solving this problem, he would go and see what this black cloud was all about.

The closer he got, the warmer the air became. Aiwendil stopped when he heard voices shouting in the distance. He got down from his sled and climbed a ridge giving a view of all this bazaar from below. When he reached the top, he saw a vision of hell. Thousands of torches were burning below, all coming out of the black cloud.

"Where did all these people come from Eru?" He stared at the torches and tried to make out what species these forest destroyers came from. What he saw left him speechless.

"Are they...are they men?"

~~
~~

The Mouth of Sauron.

That's what he was called. He was originally a man from Numenor, corrupted by Sauron. He managed to survive the submergence of the island and took refuge in Mordor. Sauron taught him witchcraft and he became its highest captain and spokesman. No one knows his real name.

Beside him were the three Dark Captains, each possessing a very unwelcoming aura.

The first was called The Tower also known as the Tower of Sauron. The more evil the Tower became, the larger its size. Unfortunately for him, he was a prisoner of armor that did not grow, causing him to suffer martyrdom. His appearance was repulsive, even making those who approached him feel disgusted with himself. Even the other Black Captains were disgusted to see him. He loved to torment the spirits of his victims before they were finished. Formerly a Numenorian, he remembers building a tower or being captive to it for many years before his mind darkened.

Next was The Hammer of Sauron.

The Hammer was once a soldier of Gondor during the War of the Last Alliance, who experienced disillusionment and fascination with Sauron's power after finding the Dark Lord's mace which was left behind after he slew Isildur. After that, the Hammer realized that helping soldiers in the war all his life hadn't satisfied him. Sauron saw his potential and recruited him. Some time after this discovery, he joins a triumvirate consisting of himself, the Tower and the last black captain who will be mentioned later. They became known as the Black Captains. The Hammer was once a benevolent individual, acting as a stretcher and reaching out to the wounded. However, the discovery of Sauron's mace turned him into a warrior plagued by doubt and sadness, as well as a cruel commander.