Independence

Since he left her, everyone in the family went on their separate ways. She was 12. She didn't know was suicide was and why he did it.

Over time she realized he just didn't have enough strength anymore. He had so much on his head and he couldn't handle it anymore. She knew it was because of circumstances. And she might've believed in some way that the people around them were the reason.

When she was 15, one of her teachers told the whole class that they're all just gonna be inheriting their family's fortune hence no one ever cared about school. She hated that statement. She knows that she can thrive on her own. And she promised herself that she will prove her wrong.

Fast forward to uni days, she's studying engineering -  not because she dreamt of  being one but because she needed to prove something and she's always been good in Math. That's all she held on to. The dream that she needed to prove herself against the stereotype against her people. She wanted her own identity.

She succeeded in graduating and landing a good job. A job that she never really dreamt of or was passionate about. But being an engineer pays well. And fortunately she was the perfect engineer for the job without even trying.

She was offered to work out of the country - something that she never dreamt of at all yet all her colleagues wanted. She was selfish. Money wasn't a problem for her so getting 10x what she's getting wasn't the priority. She was selfish because she did want to prove herself - that she can have her own identity.

That - was more than 8 years ago. Since then she has been independent. She has tried her best not to rely on anyone. And she realized how freaking good she really is at her job. Even though it was never something she dreamt of.

She was very passionate with her job because for her, she can easily and comfortably excel at it without even trying. She thinks it's just common sense. And that common sense brought her not just heaps of money but a quick career advancement.