Chapter One

Ew

And so long, No one will be here to save you, And no one will be here to let you know, Let you know, This is your world.

Yura put on her makeup slowly.

She really didn't want to go to dinner with her future in-laws.

But her parents told her it was never a choice but her duty to go and have this dinner and do as a good doting daughter would without questioning anything.

This is why she took a lot longer than normal to get ready, wanting to at least be able to have that sense of self-ownership of her time since her whole life was already planned out whether she liked that or not.

Her fiancé Kim Jaejoong was an asshole but his family was the biggest and most powerful mafia in South Korea and China.

Her family and his were to become one after their marriage whether they wanted it or not, then again Jaejoong didn't seem to care about anything but fucking a new body at a chance given and splurging in new cars every week.

She looked at her reflection and fixed her hair a little and tried to smile "You'll live Ahyoung" she told her reflection and got up and walked out of her room to meet her parents.

Her mom gasped when she saw her walking down the stairs "Oh my! You look so beautiful my Yura" she said and walked up to her and cupped her face as she made it down to them.

"Thank you eomma" she replied

Her father's cold facade never budged.

"We need to go, we are already going to be late as is." he almost scolded her but rather he bit his tongue and led them out of the house not wanting to waste any more time.

Lee Byunhun wasn't known as the sweetest man and just like her predicament, he married her mother Kim Taehee because their parents made that so, and still no one understood why Kim Taehee stayed beside her husband.

Her mother once explained to her that her father was never cold towards her but Yura had no good memories with her father to back up her mother's claims of Lee Byunghun being as good as she claimed and now she had grown to be ok with that.

She stopped trying to break her head for memories really.

Unfortunately, being part of the mafia, and one of the most prominent at that, had made it that way.

Yura followed her parents into the awaiting limo and they all rode in silence.

Out of the potential husbands her father had hand-picked, Kim Jaejoong had been her least favorite.

He was arrogant and a playboy who didn't even try to be a decent human being flaunting his wealth and exploiting his power.

She felt if she was going to be forced into a marriage she should at least like the guy.