The Road Goes Ever On and On

Epilogue

Lissa was as steady as the ground beneath Eddie's feet. Even as Eddie traveled the U.S. with Corroded Coffin, the mere thought of Lissa kept his mind Earth-bound.

Yet Eddie was the opposite for Lissa. He was courageous and creative, wild and adventurous. Inspired by him, she pushed the limits of her comfort zone often.

They pulled from the strongest pieces of each other, challenging themselves to become better versions of themselves with each passing day.

Lissa became a full-time English teacher and part-time writer, spending her summers touring with Eddie and the band. Famous in the literary world for children's books and young adult novels, adored in the music world for writing and co-writing several Corroded Coffin hits.

Eddie's natural charisma as front man for Corroded Coffin took them to new career heights as the years went on. Becoming a household name and a body positive activist, Eddie became a sex symbol of the early 90's proudly baring his scars to the world.

But even with their varying schedules and haphazard lives, Lissa and Eddie faithfully loved each other. They married in '92 on a sunny day with all of their friends, new and old. Dustin was Eddie's best man while Steve kept hold of the rings that Dustin kept leaving everywhere. Robin as Maid of Honor in title only as Nancy handled Lissa's side of the ceremony. It was a simple, joyous event.

Lissa retired from teaching early as Corroded Coffin gained success. The van became a large RV where they lived like nomads on the road, following the Corroded Coffin tour bus. Their friends from Hawkins scattered across the states, converging every few months to see the band.

Eddie and Lissa spent their lives in fulfilling chaos that led to more success than either of them could have dreamed. Even in their twilight years when Eddie started to forget, he always remembered her. Drawing Lissa's portrait from memory between visits from Dustin. But Eddie didn't suffer long without the ground beneath his feet. A few short years after Lissa's passing, Eddie took his last breath in his sleep, a photo from Prom '86 clutched in his wrinkled hand.