The darkness of her father

"Catra! Come here, at this instance!" A loud raspy voice called for her name.

"Yes dad..." Catra quickly got up from her bed filled with random objects, breadcrumbs and clothes she'd used for the past week and went to meet her father.

"I'm going out for a couple hours, when I come back, the floor better be swept, my clothes better be folded, the dishes better be done, the toilet better be washed, the trash better be taken out, the garden lawn better be mowed, the dinner better be cooked, the shoes better be polished, the broken electric shower better be fixed-"

"DAD! Can I please not fix the shower? I tried it twice already! Can I only do the floor, clothes, dishes, toilet, trash, garden, shows and dinner?"

"First of all, do not disrespect me. You are lucky I didn't give you up for adoption when you were a baby. I will allow you to skip the broken shower, but everything else better be done when I am back. Remember, I am not only your father, I am Lord Hordak, the future ruler of this dirty city." The gloomy man spat on the floor with disgust, expecting his daughter to clean later.

Catra's father wasn't a good person, he used manipulation and his money to control everyone around them. He was delusional, narcissistic and couldn't comprehend his mistakes. He believed the world revolved around him, that everyone is at his mercy. Catra didn't always live in Eternia city with him, they used to live in Horde district a couple hours away, but Lord Hordak almost got arrested after his messages to a 14 years old were leaked. Apparently he had been sending photos of his veiny cock to a school girl called Entrapta. Lord Hordak told her he needed her help, grooming her into doing a scientific experiment by rubbing lube on his perverted manhood. He told her that he needed a young scientist to help him grow the symbol of his masculinity. Thank god they were caught. Due to Entrapta's innocence, she didn't fully comprehend what was going on, but it made her never understand human's interactions. It became so normalized to her that the poor girl would often ask people if they needed lube on their genitals.

Lord Hordak ended up in court, after 18 difficult months he was able to bribe all the juries in town, and he didn't go to jail. But he decided to move away and star anew.

"I am going to meet... Someone." Lord Hordak looked at his own reflection in the mirror, so ugly that the mirror almost fell down.

"Father... May I ask... What is h-her age?" Catra feared for the answer, after the end of Entrapta's innocence.

"She is my age..." Lord Hordak said embarrassedly.

"I-I am proud of you... Father." Catra said anxiously, remembering her father abused a girl younger than her.

"Shut up!" He yelled. "I'm only doing this for the media. Those degenerates are still doing articles about me, trying to end my business and land me back in jail."

"Well... You did abuse that girl..." Catra whispered, but she soon understood it was a mistake to speak up.

"What did you say to me?!" Lord Hordak grabbed Catra by her neck and pushed her against the living room wall.

"D-Dad... Y-You are h-hurting me..." Catra's muffled cry for help were barely audible, as he tightened his grip.

"I did not abuse anyone, she wanted it as much as I did! And if you don't change your behavior I will dispose of you immediately." Lord Hordak let go of Catra's neck, the brunette immediately fell on the floor gasping for air. "Try to clean your room and behave for once."

Couple of minutes after, the house was silent from his absence. Catra stayed on the floor for a while before weekly getting up. She wasn't crying. In fact, not one tear rolled down her cheeks. She was so used to being treated like a dirty underwear that it didn't even phase her anymore.

So, Catra calmly had a glass of water to calm her nerves and started cleaning up the 183839302848483020 things she had to do.

~

It was another day, and Catra was forty minutes late to her class. After spending five hours cleaning everything, Catra ended up falling asleep at three AM exhausted from her Cinderella job, resulting in arriving late to class.

As Catra arrived in the classroom and sat all the way in the back, she realized the seat that was usually empty next to her, was now occupied.

'Oh fuck no.' Catra dead-stared the new girl who was sitting next to her. Not only was she sitting there, but she was looking at Catra with a look of disapproval.

"What?" Catra whispered angrily.

"You're late..." Adora shook her head.

"So?!" Catra rolled her eyes.

"I think if you take things more seriously, you will probably have better grades. I asked around and apparently you have the worst grades in class." Adora spoke a bit louder, the other students overheard and giggled. If there was one thing, was that no one would talk to Catra like that. Not in the school at least.

"You what?!" Catra noticed how people were laughing at her.

"I want to help you, it's not normal to be this lazy..." Adora didn't realize she wasn't helping the situation.

"What?!" Catra's exhaustion fulled her anger.

"Yeah, but don't worry, I will help you be more focused. You don't have to be so disrespectful anymore." Adora smiled genuinely, little did she know, that was it for Catra.

Catra was planning to kill Adora by the end of the school day.