Tutoring Five (More) Morons

Y/n was slightly surprised by Akane's behaviour. He had explained that, as a partner, he was likely not one of the best candidates. Despite that though, she still chose to want him.

He had nothing. No words to speak. Instead, he just leaned back on the couch and continued watching the progress of the moon's colonisation.

Akane: "Y- Y/n?"

Y/n: "Hm?"

Akane: "Did you... hear what I said?"

Y/n: "I did. Currently processing and rationalising it."

Akane was dumbfounded for a moment before she burst into laughter.

Akane: "There isn't that much to think about, Y/n."

Y/n: "There kinda is. I told you I'm possessive, that should be a red flag in a lot of cases."

Akane: "Y/n, I was a walking red flag for a good part of a year after that bastard screwed my life over. As far as I'm concerned, you can't be any worse. Besides, you're seriously underestimating yourself."

Y/n: "I don't think I am."

Akane: "What would you say are your most prominent qualities then?"

Y/n: "V I O L E N C E. Oh, uh, probably my intelligence too I guess."

Akane: "Well, you're not wrong. But those are superficial. Y/n, how many people would go out of their way to track down and brutalise someone on behalf of someone they just met?"

Y/n: "... I don't like where this conversation is going."

Akane: "Because you hate being complimented?"

Y/n: "HOW THE FUCK!?"

Akane laughed before leaning her head on Y/n's shoulder.

Akane: "It's pretty obvious. You compliment any other guy in our class and he'll thank you. As soon as someone compliments you directly though, you don't even say anything, in fact, sometimes you just walk away."

Y/n: "... This conversation has taken a turn."

Akane: "Everyone would agree with me in saying this though. Out of everything that's happened, if you weren't part of our lives, we'd all be worse off. Yamaguchi would probably be the type of person his appearance makes him seem like. Ieyasu might not even be here with the pressure his family used to put on him. Kyouka... well she wouldn't be a virgin, that's for sure. We never would've met Eun-Jung either."

Y/n tried his best to block out what Akane was saying, however she was ultimately right. He was the one that got everyone to sort their shit out.

He hated that fact.

Out of all things, Y/n hated the fact that he had an impact on the class. His original intention was just to be part of the group and maybe gain a friend or two. Introversion could only go so far in that class however he supposed.

Y/n said nothing. There was no response he could realistically come up with that might deter Akane. While he acknowledged that the girls in his class had feelings for him, he simply didn't feel the same.

The bell rang for the end of the day and Y/n stood up and left without another word, confusing Akane.

Akane: "... Did I say something wrong?"

Upon Y/n's arrival at home, he got everything set up for the quints who would be stopping by later for their tutoring session. However what Akane had said couldn't leave his thoughts.

As Y/n paced around in his room, he caught a glimpse of an old journal of his. One from his primary school years.

When he kneeled to pick it up, he felt a slight hesitation. However he shrugged it off and opened the old journal.