16 ~ Call Me Cas

The doors opened and just as the small bell jingled, Dean Winchester's laughter rang throughout the small place. Castiel didn't bother looking up, he knew he was with his best friend, Benny, and he knew their order. Benny went and sat down in one corner, facing away from Castiel, and Dean approached the counter and waved Castiel over.

Castiel clenched his jaw and took a deep breath, telling himself that it's only twice a week and that he'll manage. "How can I help you, Dean?" He was quiet and he said it as kindly as he could, but anger still pierced through his voice.

"The usual for me and my friend over there," Dean said with a bright smile. He leaned his elbows on the counter, looking up at Castiel. "How's your day going, Cassie?"

"I've asked you many times not to call me that," Castiel replied. He kept his head buried in his work. "My day is fine."

"Mine is too, thank you for asking."

Castiel slid the two mugs of coffee across the pine wood counter and rambled off the price, to which Dean slid a twenty dollar bill to him and said, "keep the change." He didn't take the coffee and walk away. Instead, he held them close to him, and nodded towards his friend. "Why don't you come sit with us? Have some fun. I'm sure it's boring back there."

"I'm working," Castiel replied sharply. "And you're holding up the line."

Dean checked behind him. There was one lady behind him, busy on her phone. She didn't look up. Dean turned back to Castiel. "Maybe you can come over after your shift?" Dean tilted his head. "C'mon, it's fun."

"No. Either find your seat or I will have to ask you to leave."

Dean pushed a mug in Benny's direction. "Found it. It's over there."

"Go sit in it."

"Why should I?"

Castiel gave him a harsh stare and leaned to the side. "Ma'am?" She looked up. "I can take your order."

Dean shook his head and took the coffee and went back to his seat. His chair faced Castiel, and Castiel noticed Dean's eyes on him every time he looked over at him.

Castiel kept up with his job for the next ten minutes, still noticing Dean in every reflective surface and in his peripheral vision. Dean would smile, wave, nod, wink, or just be staring like a creep. The idea of filing a restraining order against him had crossed Castiel's mind multiple times, but he would be stupid to block out a random guy that comes in twice a week.

He cleaned up one of the tables. One of the napkins had a stain but was otherwise unused. He folded it down, then right, and held it carefully while also balancing a few plates, cups, and silverware. He took it back to the kitchen and placed them in a sink, which his coworker, Gabriel, then took and began to clean.

Then, walking back out behind the counter, Castiel noticed that the two of them were gone. Their mugs rested right where Castiel last saw them. He trotted over to the table and noticed a napkin with a phone number written on it. Under it read "Just give me a call."

Castiel ignored it. He folded the untouched napkin down and on it read "please" with a colon and parenthesis. This man really stalked Castiel enough to know how he folds napkins?

He gathered up the mugs and plates beneath them and took them to the kitchen. He set them in the sink and then went to toss out the napkin.

Something stopped him.

He held onto the folded napkin, staring at the garbage can.

"You alright there, Castiel?" Gabriel asked from behind him.