☄️

-ˏˋ
Chapter 8
♡꒷︶꒦꒷︶︶🌸︶꒷꒦꒷︶꒷♡ˎˊ˗

(Renée’s POV)

It was hopeless. I can no longer move forward because of my birth-date, no other reason. Does this even make any sense?

Fortunately, Anastasia and Renée are the same age, so their birthdays must be around the same time.

I roughly scribbled the year. Troubled by my own date of birth, I filled in the blank, saying, “I don’t know.”

“If I fail because of this birthday dilemma… I’ll have to think about how I can hit Handel lightly.”

After overcoming the mishap over my birthday, the rest of the process went rather smoothly. It felt easy to do since I’ve written a resume before.

In addition, I’m writing a resume that I’m submitting to myself.

Which is why…

“No one will know even if I clumsily filled up the resume.”

I muttered lightly and filled in the rest of the blanks. At the end of the application form was a rather unusual column.  It was asking for my motivation for applying. It’s unbelievable that an application form would ask such a thing. My reason was questionable, but I didn’t think too much about it and just roughly wrote it down. 

Finally, I completed my resume. It was too empty to be a resume, but what can I do?

Renée Blair has no experience!

I took the stamp I received from Reden without hesitation and stamped it.

The resume, which had the Blair Family seal stamped on it, gave me a sense of satisfaction. I laughed.

“I’ve finally become a maid!”

Unconsciously, I screamed out of happiness. Well, I wasn’t quite sure about that yet because of the whole birthday mix up, but I decided to enjoy what I’ve accomplished.

Soon enough, I calmed down and stood in front of the mirror.

My swollen cheeks now turned purple. It was great that Catherine didn’t say anything about it, even though it was such a mess.

Please do not repost our translation. Read only at Pink Muffin Translations.

Well… Catherine knew all about the crazy things that Renée Blair had done. A swollen cheek or two wouldn’t be surprising.

The thought made me a little bitter. I shook my head. Anyway, let’s just lightly slap my cheek. Come to think of it, there was no reason for me to hit myself too hard.

I slapped my cheek as a test run. Immediately, the stabbing pain on the bruise spread further. I reflexively spat out the sound of pain.

Ping!

Error
“Does Not Count As A Hit.”

As expected, this won’t be easy.

If this was not considered a hit, then… As expected, I was meant to hit hard…

Well yeah. If it were acceptable to hit lightly, then Renée Blair would have hit softly from the beginning. 

“Ha…”

It hurt even though I hit myself very lightly. How much harder do I have to hit? I let out a sigh of defeat.

What should I do? I was destined to get hit because of this mission window.

I took a deep breath and prepared to hit myself again.

God, why do you give me this ordeal?

I stiffened my trembling hands while cursing a god that I didn’t believe in. I held my breath and raised my hand.