☄️

Chapter 21
-ˏˋ♡꒷︶꒦꒷︶︶🌸︶꒷꒦꒷︶꒷♡ˎˊ˗

(Renée's POV)

When I couldn't answer him back, I just lowered my eyes.

"Since yesterday, you've been discussing death so straightforwardly that it felt so strange. Why? Did anyone ever tell you that you're going to die?"

"No.... -uhm..."

The truth is I'm not from this world, and I'm not the Renée Blair that you know of.... How can I say those words and tell him that Renée was destined to die?

I couldn't deny nor agree to his statement, so I hesitated, seeing my reaction he narrowed his eyes.

"Or, you can't be......"

It irks me knowing that despite what he said meaningfully, he didn't continue with his words. As I lost my patience, I finally urged him.

"What? What is it?"

"..... No, it was nothing. Anyway you're not gonna die today, since it's all over yesterday anyway."

Huh? All over for what? He suddenly stood up after mumbling meaningless words without any further explanation.

"Don't be stubborn and just avoid these circumstances. Defeating a half-dragon is easier than subjugating it. I know that you're worried about other people, but......"

"......."

"Come on."

Eventually, I agreed. Come to think of it, Ignoring Zion's words and staying here was more like ignoring the Dragon Slayers themselves.

I'm still wary of entering the banquet hall, but then I had no choice but to trust them. So I struggled to move my feet making sure not to fall off.

I still can't believe that I had this unexpected mission? Questions naturally came to mind about the mission that had never appeared before. The important thing is that I will not do such a thing.

However, a penalty would definitely be received... I'll just think about it later. And maybe it would be sweeter to accept it once I've confirmed that everyone is safe.

Please do not repost our translation. Read only at Pink Muffin Translations.

I tried to walk faster than before, when suddenly the ground shook as if there had been an earthquake.

"What's happening....."

Not long after, something popped right in front of my feet.

I was so surprised that I couldn't utter a single word. All I could do was stare blankly at the black thing that kept rising up.

What the h*ll is this?

Something like a black shroud of unknown depth rose toward the sky and finally covered the sky like a dome.

"Ha ha ha ha!"

The loud laughter of that half-dragon hit my ears. But since I trusted those two, I didn't bother to turn around to check on that stup*id half-dragon.

'Oh my God, it's like a wall.'

No matter how hard I pressed, it wouldn't budge.

'No, this can't be... -if this is some sort of a barrier then I wouldn't be able to escape.'

It's obvious who did this. Without hiding my annoyance that rose up to the tip of my head, I looked back and saw the half-dragon crawling in a bent-position and squeaking as he kept his distance from Diwen.