CH.9. - SWEETNESS

"...Why do we have to come to such places?" [y/n] muttered, looking up at a pretty run down motel. Next to it was a pretty decent neon sign 'Welcome to Motel Divine!', but the only letters that were actually on were spelling 'Die'.

"Because that's the only place where no one will bother us." Amane shrugged, before taking something out of her pocket. She handed the other girl ten dollars. "Here, I'll register our room and you have some fun." the [h/c]-nette deadpanned at her.

"Do you really think that I'll start wanmdering around the completly unknown to me city just because you gave me money?" she asked, grabbing the straps of her backpack in disbelief. "How old do you think I am?"

"I saw a shop with ice cream not so far away."

"Understood, have a nice day."

And so, she wandered off, looking for the shop. She soon found one, with a big red sign 'Nifty Fifties*' hanging above the doorway. She stepped inside, her pink snickers colliding with the checkered floor.

She walked up to the counter, eyeing the ice cream cart, as the person behind it flashed her a smile. "Hello! What would you like today?" they asked, enthusiastic. The girl sweatdropped at the excited purple eyes watching her. She caught a slight speech defect in their owner's voice.

"Um, rainbow sherbet and chocolate sauce, please." she mumbled, giving away the ten dollars, and the worker got to their work after returning the five dollars of change. But, when she thought they were the talkative type, she wasn't wrong.