Chapter-6 *Dance Partner?*

AER Lounge
7:28pm

Sidharth entered the venue dressed in a light blue blazer over a white t-shirt, paired with black jeans. His hair was gelled into perfection with a few strands falling on his forehead. His looks and his name in business industry was enough to catch the attention of the people around, especially females. But his eyes were eager to see the one for whom he had taken the effort to look his best, which he never did before for anyone; and had come to a party without his bestfriends.

Sidharth's outfit

The roaming charcoal black orbs of his stopped on a figure standing with his brother, whom he instantly recognised to be Shehnaaz

The roaming charcoal black orbs of his stopped on a figure standing with his brother, whom he instantly recognised to be Shehnaaz. She seemed to be a Greek Goddess in his words, who was dressed to kill. Her golden brown hair was cascading down around her shoulders and her saree which was clinging to her body was giving away the sight of her curves. Her amazingly slim waist and milky-white bare back were on display, which angered him as most of the males had their eyes set on her only. He heard her giggles and was calmed down at once. His legs started walking towards her as if they had a mind of their own.

Shehnaaz was swept off by the handsomeness of the man who was coming straight towards her. On the other hand, Kushal was astonished and scared at the same time. Astonished because his brother attended mostly business parties, and very rarely goes to casual parties, that too with Shivay and Manik only. And scared because Shehnaaz might get to know that he had told his brother about the proposal thing.

"What's up guys?"Sidharth asked being as nonchalant as he could. "Hi Shehnaaz!"he smirked, waving a hand before the eyes of a lost Shehnaaz, who was most probably busy staring at him. She got back to her senses and looked here and there to avoid the embarassment from showing up on her face.

"Hey! Waise tum yahan kaise...I mean family members toh invited nahin hain!"Shehnaaz asked hesitantly.

"Woh kya hai na main iss pure hotel aur lounge ka malik hoon, toh I don't think mujhe yahaan aane ke liye kisi invitation ki zarurat hai!"Sidharth said proudly.

"Ohh...I am sorry! Mujhe nahin pata tha."Shehnaaz gave him an apologetic smile. "Tune mujhe bataya kyu nahi ki yeh hotel tumlog ka hai!"she mumbled to Kushal.

"Tu kya karti jaan ke? Waise bhi tujhe toh paise dene nahin hain jo tu iss baat ka aur humari dosti ka fayda discount maang ke uthati!"Kushal mocked her playfully. Shehnaaz hit her elbow on his side waist and glared at him. "Kameeni! Itna zor se kaun maarta hai!"he growled in pain as the hit was actually hard.

Kushal somehow controlled himself from pulling her hair as he knew she would literally kill him if he pulled such stunt. There were people around who had their eyes on them and have already seen them fight like cats and dogs in the college. And she would not want them to know that they fought like that till the date because she was always conscious about her image of a strict and reputed doctor.
And also because she had put in a lot of efforts in straightening her hair.

"Calm down both of you! We are not at home."Sidharth, who was a mute spectator until then, decided to step in as their antics had caught attention of many.

Kushal's phone rang and he went away to attend the call.

"Hello Kushal! Is everything fine there?"The person on the other side was Manik.

"Yahan pe waise toh sab thik hai bass ek problem ho gayi hai"Kushal informed.

"Kya?"Manik got worried in no time.

Kushal told him the entire matter in detail.

"Toh isme problem kya hai!"Manik could not understand.

"Naazi! Agar usse pata chala ki maine Bhai ko proposal wali baat batai hai to pata nahin wo mera kya haal karegi! Bhai toh Shivay Bhai ko bass call karne hi wale the unhe iss sab ke baare mein batane ke liye ki maine unhe kisi tarah rok liya aur na batane ke liye convince kiya. Aur toh aur Bhai ke gusse ke baare mein toh aapko pata hi hai! Aapne aur Naazi ne mujhe toh maar-peet karne se mana kar diya par Bhai ko kaun rokega? Wo pata nahin uss Rohan ke sath kya karenge agar wo yahan aa gaya, waise bhi woh bohot gusse mein the jab maine unhe Rohan ke baare mein bataya!"Kushal told Manik the things he was worried about.

"Kuch toh baat zarur hai! Dinner wale din bhi maine kayi baar Sidharth ko Jaan ko dekh kar smile karte hue dekha tha aur phir uska proposal wali baat pe gussa hona, it clearly indicates of his possessiveness for Jaan! And the way he was looking at her, usse yeh toh clear hai ki he does not take her as his sister because of her being his bestfriends' sister. Mujhe Sidharth se baat karni hogi iss baare mein. Filhaal toh I am relieved ki wo bhi hai wahan pe!"Manik contemplated his thoughts.

"Hello, Manik Bhai, Aap sun bhi rahe ho! Main kabse bole jaa raha hoon!"Kushal said a bit louder when there was no response from the other side.

"Haan?...Haan! Main keh raha tha ki yeh toh acchi baat hai ki Sidharth bhi hai wahan pe. Ab toh mujhe koi tension nahin hai aur tu bhi tension mat le, agar kuch hua toh Jaan sab sambhal lengi! Chal bye, tu enjoy kar!"Manik was surely aware of the effect of his sister on his bestfriend,  especially after what he had heard from Kushal and thus knew that only she could control his besrtfriend's infamous anger. He disconnected the call immediately to avoid further questions from Kushal.
.
.
.
All the while, Sidharth and Shehnaaz continued to steal glances at each other, when the other one was not looking. This continued for a while, until both looked at the same time. They were lost in each other's bewitching eyes.

"What a lovely surprise! Hey there Dr. Shehnaaz!"A young, handsome man with a well-built body and white complexion greeted her with a sweet smile. They came out of their reverie and looked at the man. Shehnaaz recognised him as he was her batchmate in medical college, Advik Singh, while Sidharth was curious to know who he was.

"Oh..Hi Advik!"Shehnaaz smiled at him genuinely. He was a helpful and nice guy afterall.

"I must say you have changed completely...from that chubby and mischievous Shehnaaz to this mature and beautiful Dr. Shehnaaz, though you were always beautiful but now you have become more elegant and classy"Advik appreciated her transition honestly.

"Thank you for your kind words Advik!"Shehnaaz was flushed with his compliments.

Sidharth was angered with the sight of that guy complimenting her and her flushed cheeks, but somehow controlled himself for the sake of her happy mood.

"Ladies and gentlemen! May I have your attention please...As you all know a party is always incomplete without some good songs and dance and therefore we are having the best DJ of Mumbai here. So guys the dance floor is ready and you all are requested to come as couples first and enjoy yourselves to the fullest on a romantic song."The host announced.

Sidharth had his eyes fixed upon Advik only and could surely tell that he was going to ask Shehnaaz for dance. He would definitely not let that happen. He had already guessed with the way he ( Advik ) looked at her that he ( Advik ) had a liking for her.

What he did next was so not him. It was another first of his and also one of many coming in the near future.

"May I have a dance with you?"Sidharth held out his hand for her.

Shehnaaz was astonished as she was clearly not expecting him out of all to ask
her out for dance.

Jealousy and Possessiveness are the first and most prominent signs of the most beautiful feeling called 'love', which was growing between them, unknowingly!

-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-